What have you done to your MSP today?

Reinstalled the carbon fiber hood this weekend. Went to PaP to get a blower switch, but all three cars that I could take them from were missing. Cut a few connector ends I needed while I was there. I really hate doing that. In all likelihood the harness was never coming out of it before it got completely scrapped, but I still hate doing it. *Attempted* to install tint this weekend, also. LOLOLOL I got the rear, left quarter window, then started on the rear, left window. I've never done tint before, or maybe once 15 years ago, but it seems pretty straight forward. Bought solution and the squeegee. I start on the rear passenger window, the wind blows, sandwiches it, but I'm able to pull it apart because it's soaked in solution. Frantically trying to get it up there and the wind is blowing like crazy and it sandwiches again, but I didn't want to pull really hard and it was ruined anyway, so I gave up. I paid $27 or something like that for pre-cut tint... Shops around here do it for $160... It's worth $160...

811acb10ad5e9af05419116ceae9ca61.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of things I want: Passenger aftermarket mount and a bumper sag kit. I've thought about making my own. Use one of the bumper covers I have at home to trace a template, bring it to the shop, cut it out and tack the retaining hardware to it. It would be very easy. But, isn't it just easier to pay $40? Haha

And wheel spacers... I think I'm going +15mm on all four corners. I'm worried about the rear rubbing, though. I think I can safely get away with 10mm without making modifications (rolling) to the fender.

Surprisingly, I'm very happy with the car right now on 14psi. With the cheap NXS MBC, I get a ~4psi spike above set pressure. I'd like to add an EBC to my wish list, too. At this point, I'm all over the board with what I want to do. I've had the car listed for a week now with absolutely zero inquiries. I normally only get 3, 4 or 5 replies per post and generally is following a weekend, but nothing. I listed it for $4,500OBO. If someone brought me $4,000 I'd sell it, but it won't leave my hands for less than that.

Last edited:
...I think I'm going +15mm on all four corners. I'm worried about the rear rubbing, though...

Justifiably so. I'm running 15mm spacers at each corner and had significant rubbing in the rear, even with the fenders rolled. I could try and pull them, but I'd prefer to run 10mm in the back. With the fenders rolled, they don't cut into the tire. However, they still rub when significantly compressed.

Your experience will depend on several factors, including ride height, camber, tire sizes, rolled fenders, etc. For reference, my fenders are rolled, stock camber (no adjustability), stock tires and I'm running a set of lowering springs from Spool.

I am running s similar setup- all stock except for Illuminas and Eibach Pros. It's not uncommon for me to compress the rear springs and fully tuck the tire on The Dragon.

I wanted to match the front to the rear. When I still had my RX-8, after I went with a wider tire in the rear (I understand it didn't change the offset) it threw off the handling noticeably so and I am afraid of having a similar result by changing the offset. Now, this may be inaccurate, but I've got it in my head that this could be the result.

I wouldnt go lower than 45 offset. so 10mm spacers the max. you would ahve to roll the fronts as well as the rears. just not worth it if you beat on the car a lot.

so i put in a new o2 sensor on the manifold and unplugged the second one just to see what would happen. sensor bounces around a lot and the car will go lean on start up. corrects itself and runs fine, but when you just start the car and try to drive away it will go really lean and bog. not sure the problem there..
I was hoping to save fuel milage without the faulty second o2 sensor reading richening the car up, but the primary one bounces around all over the place its just weird. wont idle in CL and hold a voltage like the wifes car does.

this week ill pick up a second one and hopefully all will be well. moving up island and dont really have time to dick with car stuff. wont have a place to do it anymore either as we have to downsize a 3bedroom house into a 2bed basement. the housing market in victoria right now basically pushed us out of town as we have a small child and no one wants to rent to us. those that would have a bidding war for their suites.. just **** all that s***.. we moving out of town.

...I wanted to match the front to the rear. When I still had my RX-8, after I went with a wider tire in the rear (I understand it didn't change the offset) it threw off the handling noticeably so and I am afraid of having a similar result by changing the offset...

If you increase the rear track by a lesser margin than the front track it should (in theory) induce a bit of oversteer; though I'm not sure how big of a difference 10mm between the front and rear track widths really makes. Looking at your pictures, I assume you'll find out; hopefully on a closed course somewhere :)

...you would ahve to roll the fronts as well as the rears...

Surprisingly, with the 15mm spacers up front I didn't have to touch the fenders. I'm not sure what my front camber is, it's decently low though.

Here's my fitment with the 15mm spacers all around. I'll have to find a picture of the front end...

IMG_20150921_084727158_zps1rvpbmes.jpg

Oh s***, you're still alive, eh? How goes it?
A few years ago I'd have gone with a MT without hesitation, but I've heard it's difficult to use and not a lot of support. I've heard.

so 10years later TURBOJ replies LMAO....
But yea, the MICROTECH is pretty good, on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it a 7. It pretty much comes down to the tuner.
And sorry for not responding, I'm not really on the forums that much now, I just check in to see whats new. PM me let's exchange #'s

I'll message you.

Just ordered rear sway bar bushings from Mazda, so I can take care of the hideous noise radiating from the rear suspension with any and all suspension travel. Should've ordered the front too as I had replaced both front and rears at the same time 4 years ago. They lasted a good while, especially with my driving habits and abuse they receive.

I assumed you had died or sold your car long ago. Lol

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Rear sway bar bushings have arrived. Going to pick them up this afternoon and maybe replace them this evening. Also need to button up the A/C. I really need a new drier, but I figure I'll vacuum and leak test it first to make sure everything else is okay. I'd really not want to open the system up again.

Rear sway bar bushings installed. A/C reinstalled- vacuumed for an hour, leak tested and recharged. Forgot to bring my belt, though, so I can't run it until I get home tonight. It's been 4 years ince having A/C in this car. I'll be glad to have it back. We've still got another month and a half of hot weather here. Plus, my defrost will be functional again. I need a new blower switch and Dorman has finally released one, but none of the big chain stores local to me stock and must SPO from Dorman. They're only $20.

58787e19ef2ff7ce0e083c89b40611e4.jpg

9cecc95f561b285fa6cbc475ea69fc37.jpg
new shift boot and awr rear sway bar bushings. Also an ongoing project of some rust removal...
a1926edda2d70b41831b2c0d578eb526.jpg
4899bfd50af3a33751cdcefb1717719e.jpg
d2fe7bc5ebe67ccaa1a3640018a109cc.jpg
257ce1238b77948034c6e028d02db3ec.jpg
52de63e6b0186e8ac97928c70a538290.jpg
214eee31374d71a434613ae7b6fae41b.jpg
442dca39534df68171dc05fcb281f6f1.jpg
e46cdbc1306f40eed23a3d69787c5f9d.jpg
d4590ba02a271c62f93772a3cc5d474f.jpg
3ca294d9e0c3fd757c431cbfc6bd0bc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back