What have you done to your MSP today?

Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of the day #1345 arrived at my house from Colorado. Went to a meet in it last night to celebrate, she is making some noises from the failing CV axles but runs as well as it ever has, can't complain.

is it a click/clunk or a rotational noise by any chance?

Last edited:
Well its peak season here in myrtle beach lots of tourists keeping me busy but I did get some time to install a couple things and clean it up a bit its running beautifully im really excited ill be doing some more suspension stuff soon and installing the dual gauge speedo cluster I got from another member recently (thanks man!) that should look a lot better than the jankily installed pillar gauge that was there when I got the car lol.

[URL=http://s280.photobucket.com/user/googoo1oo/media/engine%201%207-23%20unnamed_zpsjjzja77c.jpg.html][/URL]

Ordered an Exedy stage 1 clutch and a fidanza lightweight flywheel guys!!! Can't wait to work on the MSP! I also got new vacuum lines to replace the ones I have now which aren't in that great of condition.

is it a click/clunk or a rotational noise by any chance?

Yes it is, it rattles some at a stop and clicks/clunks quite a bit at low speeds. Can't hear anything over 15-20mph though.

Finally off work this weekend and have time to install that boost gauge and maybe even wash 1574 again, it needs it. Need to use the headlight restoration kit I ordered as well to clean up both sets of stock MSP headlights and my set of P5 headlights. Would really like to retrofit the P5 lights and put them on 1345 then restore the lights in 1345 and put them in 1574.

Last edited:
id just paint the lenses rather than dick around with the restore kits every couple months. the p5 headlights i pained back in april still look like the day i put them on =). of course my lenses had a bunch of chips and stuff and couldn't really be brought back the usual way. polishing plastic just doesn't seem to last.

I am reBLACKing my windshield wiper arms and painting the other 3 calipers today. Wheel stud was finally replaced last night, and a fresh set of wheel locks went on there

Working with some friends, we pulled the motor and started dropping it my other speed. But we lost all momentum and are going to get lunch.

id just paint the lenses rather than dick around with the restore kits every couple months. the p5 headlights i pained back in april still look like the day i put them on =). of course my lenses had a bunch of chips and stuff and couldn't really be brought back the usual way. polishing plastic just doesn't seem to last.

This is the first headlight kit I have bought since I first restored them 3 years ago, my plan was to clearcoat the lense after if that's what you meant by 'painting' it.

What paint/process are you supposed to use for that to make it last longer?

I use Rustoleum enamel for pretty much anything I paint. The only exception is for plastic.. I like Krylon fusion. For the wiper arms, I scuff with 600 grit, wash it off, let it dry, and then hit it with Rustoleum Semi gloss black. You could use satin too. I stay away from flats though.

I use Rustoleum enamel for pretty much anything I paint. The only exception is for plastic.. I like Krylon fusion. For the wiper arms, I scuff with 600 grit, wash it off, let it dry, and then hit it with Rustoleum Semi gloss black. You could use satin too. I stay away from flats though.

I dont have wipers on my car anymore, but when I did I found that plastidip actually held up exceptionally well for wiper arms...And I HATE plastidip so thats saying something lol

Curious about this because I bought some eBay lenses and the plastic went to s*** in less than two years. I have some used OEMs getting shipped to me and they will likely need a bit of a refurb. So you're saying use a lens restore kit and then clear coat the lenses?

I vote for hydrodipping them. Just my 2 cents. lol

They're already done. lmao.

AND I don't think wrapping or plastidip is the way to go on these. there is a place the arm pivots... good luck wrapping that.

Plastidip has its areas.. wipe arms? Meh.. i don't think so

Just paint the s***. lol ya'll are overthinking it a little. They're wiper arms

They're already done. lmao.

AND I don't think wrapping or plastidip is the way to go on these. there is a place the arm pivots... good luck wrapping that.

Plastidip has its areas.. wipe arms? Meh.. i don't think so

Just paint the s***. lol ya'll are overthinking it a little. They're wiper arms

The only reason I chose dip over paint, is spray paint has very low chipping resistance.
Seeing that many rocks and bugs, it would need to be sprayed every couple months at the rate I drive lol

Back