What have you done to your MSP today?

The only reason I chose dip over paint, is spray paint has very low chipping resistance.
Seeing that many rocks and bugs, it would need to be sprayed every couple months at the rate I drive lol

Fair enough. On the other side of that, painting is cheaper.. Also, when you start introducing the idea of hydrodipping the wiper arm, I feel like thats is a RICE invitation. lol

We drive Mazdas. Pretty much rice but its a better quality of Rice than some others. lol Kinda like my wheels, I will be hydrodipping them CF White. Will you ever really see the CF? I wouldnt think so. You will see more white than anything. the CF adds that hidden touch. So yes Paint is far cheaper, but if you darken you hydrodip enough the CF wont pop since most wiper arms are dark colored anyway.

Thats the problem with me though, I am all about those hidden touches that cost more than what people will actually see. haha

We drive Mazdas. Pretty much rice but its a better quality of Rice than some others. lol Kinda like my wheels, I will be hydrodipping them CF White. Will you ever really see the CF? I wouldnt think so. You will see more white than anything. the CF adds that hidden touch. So yes Paint is far cheaper, but if you darken you hydrodip enough the CF wont pop since most wiper arms are dark colored anyway.

Thats the problem with me though, I am all about those hidden touches that cost more than what people will actually see. haha

I don't consider it rice until you start adding stuff that doesn't look good / factory. I guess what defines RICE is really just a judgement call...

Ahoy, used to own a 2.0 Probe, was getting ready to turbo/megasquirtnspark plus a few other fun things when when the 9 month timer hit.
Few weeks ago I noticed this clean titanium with a few minor issues shared a ton of parts with my old project, decided why not.
Past couple days, Replaced wastegate actuator, coil packs, Front brakes, all fluids, Passed smog.

That heat soak tho, Still have pipes and FMIC, but I don't think it's going to fit without some cutting. Not sure if I'm down with that. CXRacing FMIC looks like a reasonable option, Cant seem to find many threads on it. (Can the stock BPV be used without any fuss?)

... now where did I put that MS'n'S (uhm)

Thursday is the day I find out what's wrong with my msp [emoji51] . I'm getting it diagnosed and smoke tested (for finding vacuum leaks) by a performance shop. They specialize in Subarus but they've worked on multiple speeds and other turbo platforms. I really hope its something Minor. I wanna go back to loving my msp so bad. [emoji53]

This was a pretty good day. First off this arrived:

[URL=http://s280.photobucket.com/user/googoo1oo/media/cs%20exhaust%207-28-15_zpsghgkwvjd.jpg.html][/URL]

It came super fast and I cant wait to install it but I need to get a second sensor bung welded on. (Sorry Zealous don't be mad at me)

I was "off" work today and I had a little time to finally get some bolts tightened etc., get the bumper installed, get sunburned, and was able to take the MSP out for a little cruise. She's been immobile for a couple months now, it was good to be behind the wheel once again. It had some vacuum leaks so all the hoses and couplers were replaced as well as some gaskets and I found that the turbo gasket was blown out in two spots so it too had to be replaced. While I did that I also replaced all the turbo bolts. A new radiator, fan assembly, coolant reservoir, spark plugs, AWR motor mounts, and a plethora of other small stuff was handled at the same time.
I stopped to get some fresh fuel in the tank and snapped this pic:

[URL=http://s280.photobucket.com/user/googoo1oo/media/msp%207-28-15%20_zps3yyjupz2.jpg.html][/URL]

From this distance you cant really see that its kinda dirty and needs a good bath lol.

Alternator replacement done. Been having electrical issues lately.
11150894_10203550635156733_6005705432159046976_n.jpg

[URL=http://s280.photobucket.com/user/googoo1oo/media/cs%20exhaust%207-28-15_zpsghgkwvjd.jpg.html][/URL]

It came super fast and I cant wait to install it but I need to get a second sensor bung welded on. (Sorry Zealous don't be mad at me)

I was "off" work today and I had a little time to finally get some bolts tightened etc., get the bumper installed, get sunburned, and was able to take the MSP out for a little cruise. She's been immobile for a couple months now, it was good to be behind the wheel once again. It had some vacuum leaks so all the hoses and couplers were replaced as well as some gaskets and I found that the turbo gasket was blown out in two spots so it too had to be replaced. While I did that I also replaced all the turbo bolts. A new radiator, fan assembly, coolant reservoir, spark plugs, AWR motor mounts, and a plethora of other small stuff was handled at the same time.

[URL=http://s280.photobucket.com/user/googoo1oo/media/msp%207-28-15%20_zps3yyjupz2.jpg.html][/URL]

From this distance you cant really see that its kinda dirty and needs a good bath lol.

Dude, that is a beautiful MSP!

Alternator replacement done. Been having electrical issues lately.
11150894_10203550635156733_6005705432159046976_n.jpg

Man your MSP looks great too man! I want to lower mine and make it stiffer but I like the stock suspension and how nice it rides. Maybe one day when I have some cash I might lower it.

Make sure there is clearance for your wideband o2 sensor they messed up the first time and then put it where I marked it needs to go right behind the primary sensor

Wow that is some good savings, oh and a nice car to. lol
this was a pretty good day. First off this arrived:

[url=http://s280.photobucket.com/user/googoo1oo/media/cs%20exhaust%207-28-15_zpsghgkwvjd.jpg.html][/url]

it came super fast and i cant wait to install it but i need to get a second sensor bung welded on. (sorry zealous don't be mad at me)

i was "off" work today and i had a little time to finally get some bolts tightened etc., get the bumper installed, get sunburned, and was able to take the msp out for a little cruise. She's been immobile for a couple months now, it was good to be behind the wheel once again. It had some vacuum leaks so all the hoses and couplers were replaced as well as some gaskets and i found that the turbo gasket was blown out in two spots so it too had to be replaced. While i did that i also replaced all the turbo bolts. A new radiator, fan assembly, coolant reservoir, spark plugs, awr motor mounts, and a plethora of other small stuff was handled at the same time.

[url=http://s280.photobucket.com/user/googoo1oo/media/msp%207-28-15%20_zps3yyjupz2.jpg.html][/url]

from this distance you cant really see that its kinda dirty and needs a good bath lol.

Quote overload!!

Hit 170k in 1345 yesterday, also tried to tune the Greddy EBC to run more boost and am having trouble with it. I can get it to hold about 8.5psi to redline but can't get it to hold higher than that without spiking over 12psi. Need to get it inspected today (before the CEL eventually pops back on) and clean the interior.

Quote overload!!

Hit 170k in 1345 yesterday, also tried to tune the Greddy EBC to run more boost and am having trouble with it. I can get it to hold about 8.5psi to redline but can't get it to hold higher than that without spiking over 12psi. Need to get it inspected today (before the CEL eventually pops back on) and clean the interior.

Sweet! I'm almost at 148k!

Worked on fixing some rock chips on the passenger side and the small rust spot on the front right fender. Second coat of touch up will go on today, clear coat tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back