What have you done to your MSP today?

I have the 626 mani and notice the difference between the two, but I did a port match to gasket and polish job while it was off. It takes a little while to do it, but it also takes off almost an 1/8" wall around the inside of the intake manifold for more flow. Well worth it I think.

I have the 626 mani and notice the difference between the two, but I did a port match to gasket and polish job while it was off. It takes a little while to do it, but it also takes off almost an 1/8" wall around the inside of the intake manifold for more flow. Well worth it I think.

Here's what I did :)

IMAG0782.jpg

Did you port match the head side too?

No not yet, when I do that I don't want to take too much material off. I'd like to do the head when I do that side of the manifold. Still up in the air with switching to the 626 so I held off.

If the MSP had a which on it, I'd rather be using it today instead of the 4Runner... wimpy little 2.7 liter is struggling with an unloaded 5x8 trailer. LOL

Are there any threads where people can post their dyno results? Not that I have had mine done, but I am just curious as to how each member's car pairs up in correlation to their modifications. If not, it might be a cool idea for a new sticky!

I don't have torque steer issue and never have..... and I'm putting out more hp then stock

I noticed when I got the 626 it cut it back a lot, and when I got the FMIC it cut it back also.. but before the 626 when I had the exhaust and other stuff, with the upgraded smic.. the torque steer in 1st and 2nd gear was horrible.. but that was when I smashed on the gas.. which in those gears wasn't that often, and I just did it for kicks here and there.. but yeah, now theres none. and it wasn't as bad at stock as it was when I had upgrades but with the smic instead of the fmic and a 626

as far as I know, only two people with extensive builds have dyno results on the forum and one of them is banned now. Signature Sound made like 397hp I believe and of course everyone knows Mazdaspeed2oo3.5 is somewhere around 500, shooting for 600. Other builds really aren't going for HP numbers.

as far as I know, only two people with extensive builds have dyno results on the forum and one of them is banned now. Signature Sound made like 397hp I believe and of course everyone knows Mazdaspeed2oo3.5 is somewhere around 500, shooting for 600. Other builds really aren't going for HP numbers.

Ah, just curious as to how much power certain upgrades will result in.

everybody's setup will yield different results as no one's car is setup the same. Plus, different areas, climates, altitude, car's condition mechanically, it will all play a big factor. When I first started modding, I searched and searched but had no luck finding threads with dyno comparisons. The only thing I could find is everyone's "butt dyno" results, which really didn't help. I actually had plans to dyno my car as I upgraded it, but I ended up deploying to Iraq twice and also multiple out of state training exercises. When I did have the time, the shop dyno was down for maintenance. Now my car is about to be fully bolted(and hopefully running soon.lol) and I still don't have a dyno yet.

Latest posts

Back