What have you done to your MSP today?

Here's a pic of the grounding kit. The only pics on the howto are for a first Gen protege. I haven't looked through all 13 pages for Pics yet....

IMAG0277.jpg

Could it be the pilot bearing? Did you guys actually replace the clutch, or did a shop do it? Only ask because they could have skipped that part. I have the same noise but I'm on the factory clutch for a few more weeks till I can install my new clutch.

I had a shop do it, but they should have replaced it because I bought the Exedy stage 1 clutch kit which included the throwout bearing.

Did that damper help with the dash vibrations? Since i put the rear mm in the dash vibrations are insane when the ac is on. I'd like to get the damper to see if it will help before putting the stock rear mm in.

So the noise I've been hearing goes away when I push in the clutch. My dad's thought was a bad throwout bearing... which was just replaced with the new clutch and flywheel. I don't know why the hell that would be going bad again since I was very easy on the clutch when breaking it in. I've got almost 1000 miles on it now.

exedy bearings suck. i would only use the stock bearing, or the upgraded japanese one i think.

Did that damper help with the dash vibrations? Since i put the rear mm in the dash vibrations are insane when the ac is on. I'd like to get the damper to see if it will help before putting the stock rear mm in.

not having the aftermarket mm in, will help with vibrations. and the ETD should help yes.

My dash rattles like crazy as well when the AC is on, I either deal with the vibes/noise or deal with the heat.

So the noise I've been hearing goes away when I push in the clutch. My dad's thought was a bad throwout bearing... which was just replaced with the new clutch and flywheel. I don't know why the hell that would be going bad again since I was very easy on the clutch when breaking it in. I've got almost 1000 miles on it now.

Check your fluid level!

Yes it did for my application but to be honest its a toss up... THe previous owner of my car some how managed to forget putting the bolt back in for my front motor mount. LOL Man the previous ower was a fuckign tard

Brother clamed he hydroplaned into a curb, bent his lower control arm like a pretzle, and threw his alignment way out, also managed to take a nice chunk outta his RF wheel. He was lucky I had done a control arm on a P5 on the same side, and it wasnt bad, coustmer thaught it was so he ordered 1, and had us put it on, too bad the bolt wasnt tight to pinch the ball joint and it was moving up and down there LMAO

Made a protege into a convertible today, and then kept going.

Draw back of buying a car without a title and not being able to wait 30 days for one.

2011-06-14_12-40-04_782.jpg

2011-06-14_12-40-21_340.jpg

2011-06-14_16-11-17_456.jpg

2011-06-14_16-11-24_130.jpg

Damn.....poor msp

And I knoticed my car handling a little funny this past weekend. So last night I finally got a chance to crawl up under(im a big boy and the car is kinda low= not so fun) and noticed the DS rear endlink is snapped in half and the PS rear endlink the bolt that hold the endlink to the sb is gone. Luckily I have some left over threaded rod and a couple extra bolts and nuts at the house. Will be fixing this afternoon. They lasted a year. Pretty good for none grade 8 threaded rod. ;)

Its amazing how quickly a lot of these cars continue to disappear. Makes it all the more important to take care of the one you have...

Its amazing how quickly a lot of these cars continue to disappear. Makes it all the more important to take care of the one you have...
Agreed. There was a silver one locally for sale for a while, then I noticed on car-part.com a silver one showed up at a local salvage yard from an accident. I'm trying to take care of mine, but the salt/rust is trying to defeat me.

Tonight I'll be pulling mine into the garage to begin the clutch replacement. Does anyone know where the fuse is for the cig lighter? I checked the panel by the dead pedal and it didn't appear to be there.

Tonight I'll be pulling mine into the garage to begin the clutch replacement. Does anyone know where the fuse is for the cig lighter? I checked the panel by the dead pedal and it didn't appear to be there.

Not sure but it might be linked to another accessory fuse.

I'll just pull them out one by one and see if there are any that are blown. Is there another fuse bank somewhere in the passenger compartment?

I believe the fuse is labelled H/CLN it is 20 Amps, in the drivers foot well panel

who wants some incredibly rare and badass parts? i am thinking to sell! i may unlock my sale thread!

p.s- i think you guys are looking for the "ROOM" fuse.

Back