What have you done to your MSP today?

Sold the p5 this morning. Got on a ferry and drove to mapleridge to get msp racing harts and a mirror. On my way! Home now. Only a 7 hrround trip. Got them for $80 each cdn. Need lotsof love but its ok.

Ill start that and put new tires on. Guy had an entire bodykit and all mechanical pulled. Was thinking of doing a pick and pull but would have got expensive. Had a kenwood sub. But i didnt wann pay $200 for it. Or $300 for a trunk lidwith spoiler. Get away while im ahead ha.

How's the weather up there eh? It's 72 and sunny in Austin this weekend. A friend just moved from Wisconsin to thaw out for a bit, he loves it so far.

Cold as a witch's tit up here in Wisconsin. It got down to -5 yesterday without windchill.

Sold the p5 this morning. Got on a ferry and drove to mapleridge to get msp racing harts and a mirror. On my way! Home now. Only a 7 hrround trip. Got them for $80 each cdn. Need lotsof love but its ok.

Ill start that and put new tires on. Guy had an entire bodykit and all mechanical pulled. Was thinking of doing a pick and pull but would have got expensive. Had a kenwood sub. But i didnt wann pay $200 for it. Or $300 for a trunk lidwith spoiler. Get away while im ahead ha.

Nice! Congrats dude. Can't wait to see the progress you make on the MSP. And good find! I know how that goes. I drove about 10 hours round trip about two months ago because I found some parts in Chicago that I needed to have (although not for a Mazda). Always nice to find a good stockpile.

ahhh i had planned to go there and spend like $800 on small s***. but he wanted too much for small disposable stuff that i didnt bother with the bigger stuff.. he had a complete body kit that surely would have been a good profit mark, but $300 for the trunklid with spoiler was too rich for me. i could have got a front splitter that needed repair but again, $150 for it with a bumper that wouldnt have been worth fixing. I could have got stock struts and springs for $100 for the wifes es, but 220km on them.. anything more than 80km, fk that. mine are done blown at 138.

as for mechanical, i can get it all from a p5 parts car. so driving there to get rims was pretty much the thing.
i spent $640 cdn to get rims, msp yellow mirror which is still better dispite the chip out of the body. the cap is good, lower half is good. just a little chip out of the bottom half that i can fix and paint np. never did figure out how to seperate the top and bottom halfs or i would have painted a p5 one long ago.

i also got a set of coils, maf with airbox for wifes es and the full brake booster and brand new master cylinder. just stuff i needed to keep both cars running. he had EVERYTHING.. and after i got back to the ferry i started thinking of things i could have done with.. but ill ask him about them at a later date. like.. steering wheel ect.

as for big plans... there arent really any.. but the msp kinda drives bad compared to the p5.. its stiff, noisy, runs badly and since i put the pope downpipe in, fuelcuts pretty much everywhere. not sure whats going on, but another parts car might be in my near future.

Transferred the passenger front door over, along with all the guts and tinted glass.
Also learned the racing hart rims are worth coin, I'm luck mine are pretty much mint and wrapped in good bfg rubber.
Gotta have her on the road once the snow is gone, hopefully a couple more months....

I hope the RacingHarts are worth something someday, I have at least two sets kicking around my garage/attic

I got one set for $200 with tires a couple years ago, and I have a local buddy that doesn't even want his lol

Depends on condition really. I paid $80cdn ea. Restoration work is what it is. They worth money mint but most peeps prob not not willing to spend money on restore or are capable of diy.

Depends on condition really. I paid $80cdn ea. Restoration work is what it is. They worth money mint but most peeps prob not not willing to spend money on restore or are capable of diy.
They were new in box.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Well then. Comparable to new rims then ha. Id guess $170 each. Rhs pretty heavy though. Like. Really heavy.

I'm about to drop this tranny.. It been a long road collecting parts, but I finally have everything. New flywheel, Stage 1 Exedy, New slave cylinder, seals, etc..

My "question" really is what transmission fluid to use. I'm on the fence, but it sounds like redline and royal purple are the most popular.

Id just stick to whatever oem spec is. I did the royal purple thing and though the gearsets looked mint, didnt stop my dif plates exploding or input shaft bearing exploding ha. $70 trans oil lol. Now i just run the $7 pennzoil.
I dont even run it in my engine anymore. Good old fassioned rotella t. Not even t6.

Although I don't have a lsd like the msp, I've been using pennzoil synchromesh in mine and it shifts like butter. Been using this stuff for the last 80k miles and I have no complaints.

thats the stuff im running. i get a little worried about "friction modifiers" when our trans has journal bearings for all the gear sets inside and no gear oil pump heh.

I've used GM syncromesh in my old grand am and it made a world of difference. I've put pennziol syncromesh in my msp due to the price difference and it made a good amount of difference over regarding gear oil.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I run Mobil 1 synthetic 75-90, have used RP in the past but I don't think it's worth the extra $20-30 for 3qts. I just change it regularly at 15k

On a side note, 1345 is in the garage and the tear down has begun. Will be a long and slow process but I will try to put a couple hours into it here and there when I find time.

Well, the MSP is getting another reconditioning. Ordered some replacement parts.

- Mishimoto Fan Shroud
- Garrett GT28RS
- FMIC charge piping and couplers
- Headlamp assemblies
- Glowshift Oil Pressure and Vacuum/Boost Pressure gauges
- APSX Wideband
- Another Steedspeed (Hopefully)
- Molnar Rods (Already assembled engine)
- Wiseco Pistons (8.5:1)
- ARP head and main studs
- AFC (again)

I'll be selling my standard Wiseco's (3 of them as one is toast), K1 rods (std length) and ARP head studs if anyone is interested. The replacement single piston is in stock at Wiseco for $147.13 and rings are $24.19 per set. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM with an offer.

So, you guys get to hear me b**** in three (3) months when I destroy something else. Hopefully it won't be an engine. If so, you guys can come and pick the car apart.

Last edited:
all that s*** and your still sticking to an afc? why not upgrade to a real ems pref?

Back