What have you done to your MSP today?

Also, the MSP has different toe settings than other BJ Protgs

Sorted out tires and wheels. Just cheap tires but I had a limit for what I would spend on 16s. Got the gram lights in 17 and trying to decide what color now. Was thinking hyper bronze but might be hard to do on 10 spokes.

Sorted out tires and wheels. Just cheap tires but I had a limit for what I would spend on 16s. Got the gram lights in 17 and trying to decide what color now. Was thinking hyper bronze but might be hard to do on 10 spokes.
Let's see a pic.

Ill have them tonight... strangley
.. imconsidering msp yellow....like.. a lot.
There is a silver rssti driving around here with bright orange. Looks great.

So yesterday I was checking how much my car is worth on kbb.com and in excellent condition completely stock it said $3700. -_-. I checked a speed miata which is just one year newer (2004) with my same mileage and it said $5700. Thats crazy. It makes me sad and somewhat disappointed why the auto industry doesn't value our cars at all. The speed miata is just a miata with a turbo slapped on it as well yet its worth $2000 more than our car. It just doesn't make sense. Smh. Idk, I'm just venting here. I wish there was some way to make our cars worth more other than modding them or waiting until they're antiques...

So yesterday I was checking how much my car is worth on kbb.com and in excellent condition completely stock it said $3700. -_-. I checked a speed miata which is just one year newer (2004) with my same mileage and it said $5700. Thats crazy. It makes me sad and somewhat disappointed why the auto industry doesn't value our cars at all. The speed miata is just a miata with a turbo slapped on it as well yet its worth $2000 more than our car. It just doesn't make sense. Smh. Idk, I'm just venting here. I wish there was some way to make our cars worth more other than modding them or waiting until they're antiques...

I don't pride myself in the value of my car, but rather how much it means to me.

The fact of the matter is, the miata is a more desirable car than the protege, and surely so, it is better on the track than our cars.

A lot of the drift cars I saw yesterday had bright rims on them, personally I hate it. Looks alright on those cars because they are outrageous as it is but I am a fan of a clean, traditional look.

Is it just 1/2" NPT?

I'm not sure if it was NPT but I would guess so, I went to the gas line section of home depot and they had all kinds of fittings and caps for different sizes but they were the same type of thread. It was 1/2" and it was right next to the flexible gas lines for clothes dryers that people buy to use as an EGR hose. Had to buy a male/male fitting as well because the 'stud' fitting actually threaded out of the exhaust mani and stuck in the EGR line end.

Silver is boring, black is played out. Bronze and hypersilver/black chrome look great in my opinion, and they are tasteful. Neon colors scream 'classless' to me

And hey, if you decide on a "mundane" color, you can always Plasti-Dip them neon green or orange or what-the-****-ever.

ended up with toyota 4q3. kind of a brown graphite color that aproximates dark bronze. quite a rich color that should look pretty good. i was really loving on the idea of yellow, but i kept it civil lol. there was a nice hyundai blue i was considering, but im not really a blue person.

KBB is such a joke. I never use that as my entire pricing point. You have to take into consideration the reliability and the amount of work that's been done to it to maintain proper mechanics. It's worth what someone is willing to pay, not what some website deems the right price. Maybe that's why my MSP is still for sale...I had one guy that came to look at it and all he kept saying was KBB this, KBB that. I said well sorry dude but KBB is dumb. haha.

KBB isn't worth anything. Use searchtempest and check about a 400 mile radius. That's the only way to determine real market pricing.

That's not bad. I calculated the price for 4 different MSPs within 400 miles of me at an average of $5,150. That's not bad at all. Maybe these things are slowly going up! [emoji2] [emoji119] there were 2 others for sale for about $2800 but one had valve adjustment or timing belt issues and the other had misfiring issues. It's official ladies, the value of the msp is increasing! (well at least in Florida).

KBB is such a joke. I never use that as my entire pricing point. You have to take into consideration the reliability and the amount of work that's been done to it to maintain proper mechanics. It's worth what someone is willing to pay, not what some website deems the right price. Maybe that's why my MSP is still for sale...I had one guy that came to look at it and all he kept saying was KBB this, KBB that. I said well sorry dude but KBB is dumb. haha.
Honestly the only way to raise the value on our cars is not to sell them or at least not to sell them cheap. They're actually worth a lot considering that all the replacement parts come from a regular protege add to that if you forged your engine properly you have a car that's going to run another 200-300 thousand miles on stock boost.

Honestly the only way to raise the value on our cars is not to sell them or at least not to sell them cheap. They're actually worth a lot considering that all the replacement parts come from a regular protege add to that if you forged your engine properly you have a car that's going to run another 200-300 thousand miles on stock boost.
That's true. Plus like we said in the meet, MSPs are the ones who started the mazdaspeed movement. I know our cars will be high in value one day. I'm gonna wash, clay bar, and polish her now.

Back