What have you done to your MSP today?

That's true. Plus like we said in the meet, MSPs are the ones who started the mazdaspeed movement. I know our cars will be high in value one day. I'm gonna wash, clay bar, and polish her now.
Josh if you have time I have to do my engine swap by Saturday. I could use a hand plus you could get some xp on the mazdaspeed. Text me

It's arbitrary trying to track the values of these cars, whether on kbb or actual asking prices. The condition of a used car varies so much, you can't factor in a $2k car that doesn't run or a used car lot listing a 100k mile car for $10k. They are rare cars and will hold their value and become collectible but don't think they are going to give you ROI anytime soon. And Miatas are sports cars that typically have far less mileage than Proteges aside from the fact they are built better with better parts, have a much larger following and aftermarket parts base(therefore having actual credibility and a decent reputation) and they cost a lot more new (the biggest factor in why they are worth more).
Simple economics, its all about supply and demand. People want MSMs, not nearly as many people want a Protege.

Last edited:
Question: p5 resr seats are different but would I be able to install msp rear bench? Would it clip in the same? I'd lose the flat folding but would it snap in?

No it won't fit as far as I know, P5 seats secure in a completely different way. It may sit in there but it won't secure down which may not be safe if an accident occurred

Could the retaining clips be changed on the chassis? I imagine the floorpan is the same/similar.

It's possible, don't think it has ever been done before. It's been a long while since I've seen a P5 back seat assembly. Any reason why? Would look weird with mis-matched seats IMO.

well if i could take the seat bottom attachments could be put in a p5, id just swap all the seats. my msp seats kinda bad now anyway. if i made a real show of rebuilding the car id need to replace much of the interior =( might as well use it for the p5 or somthing.

i test fitted p5 seats on the msp. the rear cushions do not line up with the clips. i had detailed photos taken of them being not aligned back in the day.

I know the upper part of the P5 seats do not fit without welding them in custom. Fronts are the only ones that interchange.

#1345 is getting annoying to drive, it still runs great but the rear clunk is really loud now and there is a constant squeaking sound at idle from something I have yet to locate under the car (not the exhaust, not belt noise, honestly cannot find where its coming from). And it makes a clunking/clicking noise that accompanies the squeak when first moving from a complete stop. Doesn't make the noise when the car is moving or turning so I don't think it is the wheel bearings or CVs however both side axles have been leaking for a looong time now so the axles are my primary suspect.

Ok I feel the pain of the guys up north right now buying 2566 sight unseen from New Jersey. it needs a lot of TLC its pretty toasty underneath. uploadfromtaptalk1430502297584.jpg

If you think that looks rough you should see the one I pulled out the wrecked car.

Oil pan baffles are in hand which means I can finally start putting my car together!!! :)

Haven't even had time to wash either of my MSPs in months, when I have the time I either have to work on one of them or it's raining. Once I am done with my classes in a couple weeks I will have time to do all the crap that has been adding up for both cars, install the ZE mani on my first one, replace the turbo on #2 and clean up the paint, install the sub, install rear swaybar, install FTC, replace sway bushings on #1, find and fix annoying squeak, and both cars need new/rebuilt cv axles.

Latest posts

Back