What have you done to your MSP today?

sure you would. It just wouldn't be your daily driver.

Exactly.

Also the only problems I have had have been self induced. I can't race the car, beat the living hell out of it everytime I drive it, neglect replacing a wheel bearing, then b**** when it costs so much to fix the axle, spindle, and bearing. Which is the only problem I have had, and I have almost every power bolt-on available.

i didnt start having big issues till here lately. but the car now has 215k miles on all orignal components. have some wierd noises, a water leak, 2 blown ksports, and a messed up driver seat. but guess what that just means its time to spend more moneys(when i get it) fix noises and leaks, replace the blown ksports, speed3 seats, and a fully rebuilt motor....

which btw i have most of the gaskets to rebuild a motor....now my descion comes into play.

a)rebuild the junk yard motor i get and throw it in and forged my 215k mile motor and have to rebuy all the gaskets....

or

b)save another $1kish buy the forged goodies and throw them in the junkyard motor and drop it in and hope the 215k motor doesnt go

and today i got my bumper sag fix brackets in the mail

I dont see why your high milage motor would just go unless your beating on the poor girl. Just get a new block and work on it and drive your car gently. Pin your wga open if you have to lol.

Ps; didnt you just buy those k sports?

I dont see why your high milage motor would just go unless your beating on the poor girl. Just get a new block and work on it and drive your car gently. Pin your wga open if you have to lol.

Ps; didnt you just buy those k sports?

well i do drive it hard lol ive been taking it easy as of late though and yes i did just buy the ksports. 2 outta the 4 were the revised pieces, one was blown and one was a nonblown non revised one. well the no revised one blew. and the guy i bought them from knocked $100 off because of it. so im not gonna complain. it will cost $220 to fix. motor is top priority now though. im feeling the want to crank the boost up but want to do it right...

some of what i've been working on today
008.jpg

wow i would have just bought new bcracing's and done without the hastle and extra $70 alignments.

must have been a killer deal though.

right at $300.

and i try telling people on her i drive the wheels of my car every day but they dont believe me....

yea i dont beat on my msp like that anymore. i had a lot more fun with it when i first got it, but wore out a set of brand new proxas 4's in just over a year of ownership.
bought both summer and winter tires since september and gas is $1.41/liter so i tone the fun down a bit now. doesnt stop me from terrorizing bystanders with my hks though.

Maybe I should clear this up...

I love my MSP. When its running right, its a helluva under rated car. I bought it because I wanted to experience something different. When it comes to cars, I like to stay "off the beaten path".
Its just frustrating that my MSP was so neglected before I got it, and I inherited its problems. All the... quirks, have recently started. I drove the car 7 hours immediately after buying it, without a single hitch. So for so much crap to go wrong in a chain reaction, its just disheartening.
Just because I can afford a new car, does not mean I want to go out and spend the money on one. I have a house note, and a pregnant fiance'. Even though I am blessed with a great job and financial stability, does not mean I want to stretch my means any further.
I bought the MSP because I did not intend to dog it out. It struck me as a fun, unique car for a daily driver. And so far its been good, even with my work commute being 90 miles round trip everyday.
But as it happens to everyone, the problems add up and become stressful.
Truth be told, I'll just suck it up, fix it, drive it until it breaks again, then rinse & repeat.

Being an enthusiast is fun, but god I swear it takes years off our lives.

a car you love is like a woman, and you have to stop worrying about your bank account after a certain point...

i seem to be having the same feelings as a lotta pro owners lately. just kinda lost the interest to mod

Latest posts

Back