What have you done to your MS3 today?

...And for the price of a piping kit and sourcing your own core, a FMIC is hard to beat! Good luck with everything!

On topic: Heading to Mid-Ohio for the weekend NASA event. First time on track running Hyperdrive, a 20 minute track session with an instructor. Have to get my feet wet, first!

Umm...assuming you mean your grill is getting packed with snow, you're worried about preventing air from going through the fins while driving?

I think at the point your air circulation is compromised you probably won't be driving near fast enough to worry about cooling down your air charge via intercooler. Because you ought to be driving slow at that point

A fmic is best for high traffic areas, and only if you like to be under heavy boost right off the line at a light. After about 15mph the top mount become efficient again so at that point there is minimal difference between a top mount and front mount

Now, technically speaking, any intercooler upgrade from stock will yield better gains from improved colling efficiency. But its all up to you

If its pro tuning and better 1/4 mile you want, go with a front mount. If you want improved cooling without the install hastle or extra price, go for top mount

Thanks Oakland for your insights. Air circulation was/is my concern and I am only now toying with the idea of a IC upgrade. TMIC is most likely the way I would go given climate and my driving enviroment, not much gridlock here in WI. Thanks again.

installed my new (to me) Turbosmart Dual port bpv :D

53817299.jpg

Thats the exact set up I used to have, but from the looks of your TS, your adjusted WAAAAAY to tight, back it out like 3 turns and you'll feel the car spool up easier, and also I'd get raid of that 50/50 it's going to rob you of throttle response and power..just my experience.

installed my new (to me) Turbosmart Dual port bpv :D

53817299.jpg

injector seal replacement

Nope

Ok i'll bite. Why? and what size injectors are they? Lol

Because Something is broken. I think it's the relief valve, but I'm also porting the high pressure send line so that I can flow more fuel. I'm going to need it soon.

As far as the injectors: Our stock injectors are pretty beefy, but I'm very close to maxing them out. No one makes bigger injectors for us though. I've been reading some interesting things on MSF about ways to get around it.

I was asking for a good reason. my biggest concern before i was tuned was the danger of going lean with mods. But all seemed good when i could see fuel pressure at live and duty cycle percentages so i stopped the worrying. i did have some other issues and still do but what is the car doing bad.
Rc engineering and a couple others may be able to port your injectors if you need more.
The common weak link has been our fuel pumps dropping off under heavy throttle. There was a warranty tcb for the early 07s. Just thought you should know.
Good luck

The common weak link has been our fuel pumps dropping off under heavy throttle. There was a warranty tcb for the early 07s. Just thought you should know.
Good luck

Haha... You don't have to tell me man. I've burned through three pumps at this point. Stock, PTP, and now CP-E isn't holding pressure, but I don't think it's because the pump is bad. It's gotta be the relief valve (I hope)

Back