What have you done to your Miata today?

damn that's small. I assume it is for racing? Not for everyday use?
That is the intended use, but no reason why you couldn't use it in a daily driver. It's a glass mat battery which is what Miatas came with originally. But looking at the specs it has very little CCA, so it's not a cold climate battery.

I broke my down pipe on Saturday!
How?
When I was leaving for my weekend getaway, I somehow managed to snag the flange that connects the DP/Cat. I heard a loud POP and the sickening sound of a leaking exhaust. I popped the hood and sure enough. On the very first bend (flange side of the down pipe after the wastegate) a crack.
The car runs, but sounds like s***. All buzzy and s***. So, today after work I'll get it welded. I drove it 73 Km to Cesme & 73 Km back with no issues. Just laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

I broke my down pipe on Saturday!
How?
When I was leaving for my weekend getaway, I somehow managed to snag the flange that connects the DP/Cat. I heard a loud POP and the sickening sound of a leaking exhaust. I popped the hood and sure enough. On the very first bend (flange side of the down pipe after the wastegate) a crack.
The car runs, but sounds like s***. All buzzy and s***. So, today after work I'll get it welded. I drove it 73 Km to Cesme & 73 Km back with no issues. Just laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Ouch that might hurt! Didn't get pull over?

That is the intended use, but no reason why you couldn't use it in a daily driver. It's a glass mat battery which is what Miatas came with originally. But looking at the specs it has very little CCA, so it's not a cold climate battery.

Thanks for the info, I use mine year round, need something with CCA's.

Congrats on getting your Miata up and running.

That's great news, Fadi! Now it's time to add a bit more go to that snail, eh?

Phil, get that fixed ASAP as you'll be dumping a notable amount of heat into the engine bay, especially around the brake components. It should be a simple fix for someone with a welder.

yeah... Too bad life gets in the damn way. I had a leaking water valve (behind the wall) that i had to get fixed. The problem is it was leaking into the condo below me, so i have to pay for it all out of pocket to fix the walls :( But just a minor setback. Tax refund will be here soon so with it, more parts :)

So I just got this off of ebay. I'm envisioning that the lower part will bolt to where the theromostat housing is now, and the stock upper will bolt to it. I can then use those 2 smaller ports to help re-route the coolant from the back of the block. Then take the [new] upper housing and bolt it on the waterpump inlet.

Only problem is I doubt it'll come in by the weekend :( ...

ooo that's interesting :)

you sure it'll fit the maiat thermostat housing?

ooo that's interesting :)

you sure it'll fit the maiat thermostat housing?
no idea, looks a little narrow in the pic. But it was less than 15$ so i figure it was forth a shot.

ok, so the part is taking forever to get here... In the mean time I've found that a first gen RX7 thermostat housing is perfect fit. It even points directly to the outlet on the radiator for a straight shot.

I finally mounted the Work VS-XX that I've sitting in my living room for 5 months. I'll have to raise the car about 3/4" since it's rubbing in the front. Pictures will be up once I wash the car.

I'm sure they are 17s or 18s..and i'm assuming the fenders.
time to pull out the baseball bat :p

i'm assuming the fenders.
oy, I'm retarded. I was thinking protege where it can rub the struts as well as the fender. I suppose you could rub the shocks on a miata, but it takes a little more work as they're so far inboard lol

So the FSM is running normally :) I got all the coolant lines on, well all the ones I had. the other 2 were blocked off as I wait for 1 last part (there's always a last part, isn't there?). So today I got it up to temp until I verified the coolant fan coming on and not over heating. All good :) Ran it abouty 1/2 hour as I fiddled with timing and idle etc.

What size are they? And what're they rubbing on??

17 x 7.5 with 225/35/17

The rears are fine but the front driver side is rubbing even with the offsets that I'm running (+41mm). My front height is around 11.5" so it's a bit low.

So the FSM is running normally :) I got all the coolant lines on, well all the ones I had. the other 2 were blocked off as I wait for 1 last part (there's always a last part, isn't there?). So today I got it up to temp until I verified the coolant fan coming on and not over heating. All good :) Ran it abouty 1/2 hour as I fiddled with timing and idle etc.

Killer! This is where things start to get fun. :)

Back