What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

I was actually at the track on friday night, but was too afraid to run my car lol. Everyday I feel like my car isn't as fast as it actually is :(. I thought the MS6 with a professional driver AND traction control off ran somewhere in the 13's, even high 13's. If a pro driver would run 14.0 flat, I probably would have ran a 15.9 lol.

Nice run though Taylor, I bet with all perfect shifts and a good launch you would get low 13's.

What did I do to my 6? Small shoot with Dalton(ms6 acton) for Mazda :).
IMG_8450COPY.jpg

Thread with more pics.

I was actually at the track on friday night, but was too afraid to run my car lol. Everyday I feel like my car isn't as fast as it actually is :(. I thought the MS6 with a professional driver AND traction control off ran somewhere in the 13's, even high 13's. If a pro driver would run 14.0 flat, I probably would have ran a 15.9 lol.

Nice run though Taylor, I bet with all perfect shifts and a good launch you would get low 13's.

Thread with more pics.

lol. I damn near forgot to turn off the DSC. that would have been a nice fail.

Im not really feeling these tail lights posted at all. But thats just me. Car led tails look great. Even better in person.

i have the ability to pick up a PG front mount kit thats never been used for a decent price... only issue is it from a speed3.... does anybody know if i can make the piping work?

from what I always understood, since the engines were the same, there shouldn't be a problem. only problem is the mounting to the body. Sound right to anyone else or am I talking outta my ass again?

Okay then. I've only seen pictures of the MS6 FMIC piping and not the MS3s. I guess that would be an excellent place to start as well?

lol. I damn near forgot to turn off the DSC. that would have been a nice fail.

I did that on my first track run ever. Wow it was bad. Engine screamed through 1 - 2 - 3 and back to 2 before I figured out what was going on and why I was barely moving. When I came back around and past the lights, my buddies who bring their 7sec car to compete over the weekend were howling at me.

Good to hear Steve. this has been a long sale.

Thanks. It's not been too bad, a little over 3 weeks since the car went up before I had someone serious. I still say that spending the $50-70 on the AutoTrader ad is well worth it. I've sold 3 cars this way and never had one longer than 6 weeks without selling it.

Mixed feelings, Steve. I'm happy for you, but man, you've been such a huge resource to our community I'm really sad to see you go. I hope the Stang treats you right and you have a ton of fun with it.

I'll be retiring my Moderator duties very soon. I've asked batou079 to take my place, and he accepted the invitation. Antoine is currently reviewing his application. I'll still be around, but probably won't be checking many threads. I'll definitely keep up with the PM's though. I think most of you know that if you have any questions you can feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks for being such a fantastic section to moderate. You guys made the job very easy, and I learned a lot from many of you.

Thanks again!
Chris

Not to be a downer to anyone, but I too will be hanging my hat up as a 6/MS6 mod soon. Once the car is sold, I'll pass it on to the other guys who know the platform and community. I won't totally disappear, but I feel that my time has come to move on to greener pastures. I've had a great time doing this for the past year, and hope that I've helped many of you with your cars.

As always, PM's will work too.

I've been seriously considering trading my MS6 in for a 2011 WRX :(

A friend of mine works for a local Subaru dealer and has been taunting me with the prospect of buying one at dealer cost and super low financing. Hmm....

If I traded for anything at this point it would be a 335xi. But then I'd get the modding bug and would start all over and never make it out of the damned condo we live in!

At least we've got the wedding completely paid for with 12 months to spare!

Back