What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

im over 60k miles now, nearly 61k... :(
some girl flagged me down as i parked @ work after lunch. "Nice lexus!" lol. She was hot, sadly her "man" was with her, damnit.

Bad news, my power steering fluid is leaking again, the double clamp didnt hold, i think the hose is too torn up to hold.
Ill have to spend money for a ripoff replacement since i cant do it myself. (unless i remove the pump, and i DONT have time or the right tools, boo)
Exhaust hangers coming soon, also i have to get some custom exhaust work done, found out a bend after the Y taps against suspension... ARGH. no wonder i couldnt ever get rid of the rattling.

researching, probably going to settle on H&R coilovers, now looking at what wheels to get... i dont want super expensive since ill be tracking them, i just need light weight, not expensive, 8+" wide. those TSWs are so nice id run street, but too nice for track! lol WEEKEND is here yall. woo

im over 60k miles now, nearly 61k... :(
some girl flagged me down as i parked @ work after lunch. "Nice lexus!" lol. She was hot, sadly her "man" was with her, damnit.

Bad news, my power steering fluid is leaking again, the double clamp didnt hold, i think the hose is too torn up to hold.
Ill have to spend money for a ripoff replacement since i cant do it myself. (unless i remove the pump, and i DONT have time or the right tools, boo)
Exhaust hangers coming soon, also i have to get some custom exhaust work done, found out a bend after the Y taps against suspension... ARGH. no wonder i couldnt ever get rid of the rattling.

researching, probably going to settle on H&R coilovers, now looking at what wheels to get... i dont want super expensive since ill be tracking them, i just need light weight, not expensive, 8+" wide. those TSWs are so nice id run street, but too nice for track! lol WEEKEND is here yall. woo

Is it a high pressure line leaking? Any hydraulic hose shop should be able to make a replacement for a fraction of what the Mazda part costs.

Its the hose connection directly to the reservoir. I thought at first the clamp itself was just a bit worn and lost some retention... so i had double clamped it.
But i still get spray all over that area, so im SOL. Hose itself seems like there may be a small tear @ that point. The issue isn't purely getting the hose replacement, the issue is labor.

I would need to completely remove the pump to do the work myself, which i dont think i have enough tools or time to do it proper. I am not sure if the shop can do the work without having to remove the pump, but nonetheless ANY shop labor will overcharge for this, got quoted over $200 at my bad mechanic, and i expect even worse @ a dealership.

So, yay. kind of a pickle.

I wouldn't call getting H&R coilovers...settling.

Why is it settling? need more info than "i wouldnt" :D

i researched for a while, they seemd a good choice in the moderate price range as track tested, quality wise, and still comfortable enough on street via variable settings.
KW & AutoEXE ofc are trackable, but a higher price bracket (KWs i hear also involve customizing stock form, cutting etc to use properly).
most others i havent found enough info telling me they are light track duty trustworthy, ill research more... like BC, Megans, HR Streets, Fortunes, etc?

Last edited:
My autoexe lip almost popped off last night :(.. It scrapped a little on the bottom but nothing too bad. Suprised how strong CF is. Gonna take it off and re-install it today.. Do you guys know if your suppose to remove the factory bottom lip piece or leave it on. Last time I left it on but the pics show its gone on the AUTOEXE website. And the directions does not say anything about removing it then again its in japanese

http://www.corksport.com/images/detailed/AutoEXE-0607-MazdaSpeed-6-Grille.jpg

See in this pic you can tell the factor bottom lip thing is not there..

But in this pick it seems its still there because you cant see the gap between the CF lip and the bumper

http://www.corksport.com/images/detailed/AutoEXE-0607-MazdaSpeed-6-Lip-Spoiler.jpg

Last edited:
I believe what Monsoon is saying is that coilovers --any coilovers-- are really nice to have and that having to choose between one set or another is a nice problem to have.

It's kinda like, "I was at a party the other night with a bunch of Hollywood starlets and I had to decide which one I wanted to take home for the night. I finally settled on Scarlett Johansson..."

-Jay

AHA!!! so he probably misunderstood me... yes Jay perfectly cleared it up. i did not mean "settling" like its a bad thing, i mean it in the sense of "i decided to choose". based on a plethora of good info i have been seeing on them.

haha.

Hey Kusanagi, i don't think you ahve to take it off, only if it creates fitment issues. But i would personally keep it on to hide that gap. Looks much better when it seems there is no gap.

AHA!!! so he probably misunderstood me... yes Jay perfectly cleared it up. i did not mean "settling" like its a bad thing, i mean it in the sense of "i decided to choose". based on a plethora of good info i have been seeing on them.

haha.

Hey Kusanagi, i don't think you ahve to take it off, only if it creates fitment issues. But i would personally keep it on to hide that gap. Looks much better when it seems there is no gap.

Yea.. I like it better without the gap. I just figured it was creating additional Downforce because the air had nowhere to go.. And it popped the front of the lip down. So basically im drilling 6 holes on each side and gonna run bolts through and nuts on the other side to tighten it down. So it wont ever happen again :)..

haha.

This. I "settled" on H&R springs with Koni yellows because I didn't want BC coilovers and I couldn't justify the H&Rs...I had coils on a previous car and didn't adjust them once.

yup... how the **** he even got certified is beyond me....

pfft. we don't even have one in Nodakistan....

in other news:
I remembered how boring it was driving thru Montana, only doing 75....not seeing a cop for 150 miles....and I blew a fuse today. Minor one, got it replaced.

in addition, yesterday, I got a oil change and put in Royal Purple. I love this stuff...

Yay!
222900_200356450000100_100000772393179_435824_3277022_n.jpg

pfft. we don't even have one in Nodakistan....

in other news:
I remembered how boring it was driving thru Montana, only doing 75....not seeing a cop for 150 miles....and I blew a fuse today. Minor one, got it replaced.

in addition, yesterday, I got a oil change and put in Royal Purple. I love this stuff...
Yeah I live in Montana. Definitely different having the 75 mph speed limit. People regularly do 85-90 mph and no harassment from police.

Yeah I live in Montana. Definitely different having the 75 mph speed limit. People regularly do 85-90 mph and no harassment from police.

Reminds me of a road not to far from me. If you cant get up to 90mph in a snap right off the on ramp you will get ran over. Im going 90 and being passed my hondas and sburbans. wtf

Buddy of mine pulling these for me now as I type this. He's a Scooby owner that is upgrading to Defi.

Boost/EGT/Oil Pressure trio:
221836_200519919983753_100000772393179_436449_8004509_n.jpg

Headlights on:
224637_200520146650397_100000772393179_436450_5535413_n.jpg

Headlights off:
223386_200520253317053_100000772393179_436451_1186609_n.jpg

**** it...all 3 for $80. Ballin' on a budget.

Reminds me of a road not to far from me. If you cant get up to 90mph in a snap right off the on ramp you will get ran over. Im going 90 and being passed my hondas and sburbans. wtf
Get a car that goes faster than 90 mph? (dunno)

Finally installed CAR-LED 3rd brake light. Been sitting in my room for like a 8 months.

I thought Montana had no daytime speed limit...

-Jay

I believe the federal gov't has imposed speed limits on all roads and highways. So they have one of 75mph.
While it is crappy in Eastern Montana, driving to West Yellowstone from Bozeman was one of the sweetest drives I have ever been on. High as hell mountains, trees, rivers, twisty roads, and no one on them. Absolute heaven.

I should have just Googled it. Looks like the "No daytime speed limit" ended back in 1999. There hasn't been a federal speed limit since the mid-90s.

RHO plate came in while I was in Denver last week, so that's going on today. I'll probably finish up my keyhole plugs and put those in, as well. I also got some RX-7 stuff in the mail (plugs, wires, cap, rotor) that may get installed in the other Mazda...

-Jay

Back