What sort of MPG is your Mazda6 getting?

Hi all, new to Mazda ownership (2015 Mazda6) from Ford. Loving the car so far.

I have a question, how much MPG do you get in your Mazda6?

Thanks!

Bazza

Your 2015 Mazda 6 is NOT a Ford. The current platform, introduced I believe in 2014, is the first all Mazda platform. Ford and Mazda parted ways before that.

You missed understood me. I am new to mazda. Before that I have always had ford.
Ok. It read like you were implying that your car was actually a Ford under the skin. That was probably true prior to 2014, but not anymore.
As for gas mileage, I'm in Canada, so we use litres/100kms.
I drive almost 100% city, suburbs, and mostly short trips, so my gas usage is probably worse than most. Still, Last time I checked, I think I was at around 9l/100kms, although I haven't checked lately.
I don't put a lot of Kms on my car, so I don't really get concerned about gas usage.

8.0 l/100km lifetime since I bought it new ~ 103k km.
Just checked mine. Lifetime reading is 8.6l/100km.
Bought new. I only have 35,500 Kms (22,000 miles) on it. I'm curious what I'd get on a trade right now. Used car sites prices are all over the map. Mine is a GT with tech and premium package. Top of the line at the time.

Just checked mine. Lifetime reading is 8.6l/100km.
Bought new. I only have 35,500 Kms (22,000 miles) on it. I'm curious what I'd get on a trade right now. Used car sites prices are all over the map. Mine is a GT with tech and premium package. Top of the line at the time.
That;s pretty high. I would assume that you are doing only short trips. For a car as your with such low km's I would think that in the mid 20's is definitely possible. Maybe higher ? Have the same spec as yours and I think I can get 21k on mine. Who knows...

That;s pretty high. I would assume that you are doing only short trips. For a car as your with such low km's I would think that in the mid 20's is definitely possible. Maybe higher ? Have the same spec as yours and I think I can get 21k on mine. Who knows...
Ya, you are correct. I'm retired, and the car is only used around my neighbourhood for grocery shopping and stuff. All short trips. Unfortunately, no highway miles. I try to take it out now and then and run it a bit, just to stretch out it's legs, so to speak. That is also one of the reasons I do oil changes more frequently. Short trips in the middle of winter are not doing the car any good, but it is what it is.

2015 Mazda 6 Auto, driven in the city on a stock tune was getting around 8L/100KM when new. Fast forward a few years, I now live in the country. It is tuned on 91 octane. With hypermiling techniques, I got between 6-6.8L/100km depending on how aggressive I was driving, winter/summer blend fuel, and the amount of stops. Now, on my last tank, I averaged the lowest ever of 5.3L/100km.

Drive slow. don't be constantly accelerating up to speed, or slowing down, unless you truly need to. especially on a cold start is when you will waste the most fuel and accelerate drivetrain wear. be gradual as you get up to speed and maintain a more or less average rate, even if it is slow. don't ever force the engine, especially when climbing hills. Take advantage of the downhills to get up to speed.

Back