What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Installed my ScanGaugeE
P1100184 by tuanies, on Flickr

At first I installed my full-sized scangauge in the cubby above the switch bank you chose. Poor visibility, so I moved it and now it sits on top of the steering column cover. Easy to glance at quickly while viewing the other gauges.

Dead battery this morning. I mean.... SERIOUSLY? Nothing left on. Just a dead cell.

For sale... 2010 Mazda5 - Christine Edition (movie reference for anyone younger than about 40...)

LOL, that's karma in action right there...

At first I installed my full-sized scangauge in the cubby above the switch bank you chose. Poor visibility, so I moved it and now it sits on top of the steering column cover. Easy to glance at quickly while viewing the other gauges.

LOL, that's karma in action right there...

I'm OCD about things looking out of place. I might get an AeroForce gauge to put in the vent eventually though. The location of the ScanGaugeE doesn't bother me since I only glance down at it randomly.

I think I found rodslinger's car....

6368828f-2020-ecb6.jpg

(rlaugh)

Not sure what is going on but I really think my 5 doesn't want to leave me. As some know, I've returned it to stock and put it up for sale. In the 30 days since it has been for sale....

1) Flat tire.

2) Valve cover gasket started leaking oil. (Mazda fixed that)

3) My 5yo nearly ripped the drivers side sliding door handle off the door. (will fix that this week sometime)

4) A/C belt start slipping when I hit a puddle (changed that Friday)

5) Also got a rough idle and slight misfire at low rpm cruise with TCC locked (40-50mph, light load). Ended up changing the plugs and fixed that.

Just waiting on the hail mary that will hit me next.
You forced fed crack and took it away so now she doesn’t know how to handle it... I do wonder if some of these are by products of components working harder when it was on crack... err, blow.

I transferred my SG2 to the Mz5 couldn't find a suitable place for it. Granted first gen dash is different, it seems the only practical place is on top of the steering column.

Last edited:
i had read at some point that mazda was experiencing feedback of overheating the transmission when retard owners leave the auto stick in the manual mode and drive down the highway in 3rd gear at 80mph.

Picked up a new kayak for the wife yesterday. Bought some Thule kayak cradles to carry it and our old one. Going on a trip with both this coming weekend and a full load of people, dogs, and gear. I'll get a couple pics.

Bed liner

Installed a solid platform to cover the entire area behind the front seats (for hauling my musical equipment). Could have posted here, but it was in response to a thread that I started.

Watched her drive away.....

I had the buyer show up today and take delivery. Should treat him well. I had the alignment checked the other day and replaced the battery (because s*** happens). Also changed the A/C belt, plugs and fluids too. Took it to discount tire for one last rotate and balance. Thing should be good to go with nothing more than oil changes for another 60k miles. Hope they enjoy it as much as I did.

But I'm sure I'll be back. That wasn't my last Mazda.

I had the buyer show up today and take delivery. Should treat him well. I had the alignment checked the other day and replaced the battery (because s*** happens). Also changed the A/C belt, plugs and fluids too. Took it to discount tire for one last rotate and balance. Thing should be good to go with nothing more than oil changes for another 60k miles. Hope they enjoy it as much as I did.

Say to see another constructive/helpful member go. Ya’ll come back now. Next time in a MT and keep that turbo nicely boxed up for your next car ;).

Got my tires installed on the RX8 wheels (finally) I went with the Cooper Zeon RS3 A in a 225/40. I currently have these on stock 17 inch wheels (205s) and am very impressed by them. I would have gone with a 235 but NTB didn't even have a listing for that size at the time, not to mention the tires cost me only $91 apiece versus $127 at Discount Tires. So with the TPMS rebuilds, I was out of there for $142 less than the $660 that Discount Tires wanted me to pay, and a promise to bring the car back when the tires are mounted (figured I let Mazda give me a proper alignment this time instead of NTB). Oh, and Cooper has a $70 mail-in rebate for a Visa card that ends on the 15th.

Last edited:
Are you in manual or auto mode? One of the safeguards in manual mode when decelerating is to downshift into 3rd at a specific speed and then 1st once almost stopped. This safeguard is there in case the driver forgets to downshift on there own and allows better acceleration for safety reasons. It does the same in auto mode but it's not as noticeable.

I ordered injectors and sent my manifold, turbine housing, and downpipe off to be ceramic coated a couple days ago.

Hopefully that wasn't your last post, as I'm curious about your wheel and suspension changes that helped your gas mileage.

Back