What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

you can see the flaws up close in this shot, but it I'm happy from where I'm sitting lol

Pics plz.
Sorry, after I finished I said to myself, "Self, you should have taken some pics, maybe even done a write-up." Honestly it is a very straightforward swap. After you remove the shroud from under the engine. Drain the oil just as you would for an oil change. Clean the area around the filter housing, you will be suprised at how much crap will be around it. Disconnect wire on the oil switch and remove oil switch from old housing (sorry not sure on size I had to use a cresent wrench as I did not have a wrench that big). Remove the 4 bolts that attach the housing to the block (10 mm socket and short extension) at this point the old housing should be in your hand. Wipe mounting surface and reverse the order to mount the new housing. Fill your favorite brand of oil filter with oil and spin it on. Refill crankcase with oil (about 4 qts.) I dumped some in waited, and checked the oil like 6 times until I hit the full mark. Start the engine and check for leaks. It took me longer to deal with the shroud than it did to change the housing. Almost forgot Mazda part #L302-14-311(housing) and LF01-14-342 (gasket) I ordered them from my nearest dealer IIRC I paid 65 or 70 bucks.

Last edited:
Had to put two new low beam bulbs in as the passenger side burnt out again. This is the third set I've put in this car. I've never had to replace any bulbs in any other cars, save my old Pontiac going through fog lights.

Test fitted some more parts. The wheels are shopped but they give a good idea of the look.

NewHotness2.jpg

installed simota racing shark II charger intake
175339_10150403745800198_521980197_17480958_5609787_o.jpg
. had dealership reset pcm so it'll learn on the intake!! btw i love the intake but boy are the instructions vague

Last edited:
I installed a GV replica front lip and autoexe replica spoiler. The 3 sure turns some heads now.

076-1.jpg

081.jpg

Me creepin on my b****...

Creepinondabitch.jpg

installed simota racing shark II charger intake
175339_10150403745800198_521980197_17480958_5609787_o.jpg
. had dealership reset pcm so it'll learn on the intake!! btw i love the intake but boy are the instructions vague

Why do you have the breather positioned there? doesnt that whole tube just get deleted and the breather filter get popped on the back there?

installed simota racing shark II charger intake. had dealership reset pcm so it'll learn on the intake!! btw i love the intake but boy are the instructions vague
Why do you have the breather positioned there? doesnt that whole tube just get deleted and the breather filter get popped on the back there?

Agreed. Why not just put it on the valve cover itself and save the rest.
And if you don't know or haven't thought about it yet, be sure to check the inside of that lil' filter from time to time. That's where it will be getting dirty.
Also, why did you have the dealer reset the ECU? It's as easy as disconnecting a battery cable for 10mins or so. And/or connecting the battery cable ends together for a few seconds.

I installed a GV replica front lip and autoexe replica spoiler. The 3 sure turns some heads now.
Nice splitter. It looks good, and if you ever track the car it should help w/handling stability at speed as well.
Are those Next Mod parts?

Last edited:
Finally recharged the k & n . Gonna delete the resi when its not so damn cold and windy out anymore. Then I'm gonna mcguyver some type of tube or something to direct cold air comin from the grill up to the air box. This is just until I build my own SRI ; ) as soon as I get employed : (

Back