What have you done to your CX-50 today?

Seems to. You may want to get the dealer to email you the battery replacement instructions for your specific accessory just to be 100% sure. The one I found is for a CX5 one but I suspect it's the same but you never know!
I had to pop the first one off minutes after installing it because I put the battery in wrong :rolleyes:
Pushing in the middle and pulling on the edge worked. I was worried I might pull the new tape off but no issues.

Ahh, very interesting. I see they just do a fake button press at startup. I might try a DIY version for grins :)

See these DIY versions. These show how it works... the I-stop button is just part of a resistor ladder along with the other buttons. The workaround to disable the i-stop is just to use a relay to quickly bridge the two common wires with a suitable resistance (~85 ohms) right after the car starts. I like the method in the second link that stores the last state so you can enable or disable the I-stop when you like. I have done many projects with these microcontrollers, so wouldn't be hard for me to do (now I know how the button works).

I should point out that a DIY setup would not save much money over the pre-built one you show - it's more for grins and accomplishment than anything else. Really appreciate you bringing this to my attention!

See these DIY versions. These show how it works... the I-stop button is just part of a resistor ladder along with the other buttons. The workaround to disable the i-stop is just to use a relay to quickly bridge the two common wires with a suitable resistance (~85 ohms) right after the car starts. I like the method in the second link that stores the last state so you can enable or disable the I-stop when you like. I have done many projects with these microcontrollers, so wouldn't be hard for me to do (now I know how the button works).

I should point out that a DIY setup would not save much money over the pre-built one you show - it's more for grins and accomplishment than anything else. Really appreciate you bringing this to my attention!
I can see if the start stop function is separated by itself would seem doable like my acura tlx but since our cx50 has multiple functions on the same connector makes it a little difficult and just not worth the time like you said unless you like the challenge and you know how these things work good luck.👍🏻

Here's what I've done to my CX-50 so far:
  1. Replaced 1st/2nd row seats with WeatherTech floor liners
  2. Installed Mazda OEM cargo floor liners
  3. Installed door sill trim plates
  4. Installed cargo net
  5. Installed Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover
  6. Installed wheel locks
  7. Installed NAV SD card

I'm curious, considering the i-Stop is combustion based restarting instead of battery based (like everyone else for the most part). Why do you have a desire to permanently disable it?
I think that the "combustion based" method doesn't always work, and the turbo cars certainly have a larger battery to account for that. But I don't believe the battery is the point anyway. I personally would certainly be wary of additional wear and tear on the engine from constant restarts, especially after oil drainage when stopped.

Picked it up and brought it home today! 😁

2023 Preferred Plus in PMG. I will get some more pics tomorrow.

20230224_145710.jpg

I can see if the start stop function is separated by itself would seem doable like my acura tlx but since our cx50 has multiple functions on the same connector makes it a little difficult and just not worth the time like you said unless you like the challenge and you know how these things work good luck.👍🏻
So further to the i-Stop disable module, I ended up doing what you did and got the mikstore unit (though I now see they are the same as those for the CX-30 and available cheaper on AliExpress). Did a how-to thread here: Disabling iStop - an installation how-to

Just wanted to thank you @07Wdptl-s for the initial idea and source!

Installed a set of the OEM black lug nuts today on our PFP. IMO they should have been standard with the black wheels. Of course, Mazda wouldn't have gotten a few extra bucks from me if they were. Lol

We really like the new overall look but have one gripe. You can still see a bit of silver in the lug cavity where no paint was applied. If you look closely, on yours, you can see the same but it blends in with the silver lug nuts.

20230326_152923.jpg

20230326_152911.jpg

Back