What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Installed the factory wind deflector today. Hate having the roof open and the sun beating down on my head.

9576ADF3-5E9F-429B-B451-9041B6BA87CA.jpeg

Yakima snowboard rack

Attachments

• 83394FBB-A26B-4426-A6BD-6E6AF7F48683.jpeg
    83394FBB-A26B-4426-A6BD-6E6AF7F48683.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 823B1218-2015-4EFB-98EC-BE1A52D9E44D.jpeg
    823B1218-2015-4EFB-98EC-BE1A52D9E44D.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 5A834B03-7286-4822-BAAB-EB66D991D0AF.jpeg
    5A834B03-7286-4822-BAAB-EB66D991D0AF.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 135
New tires on our 2018 GT.

Between shortages and keeping an eye on the budget due to having a newborn baby now, opted for Sumitomo HTR A/S P03. Installed out the door for $750 after a $70 rebate. No complaints so far.

Yo!! I researched those Sumitomo's while looking for a grippy tire on dry roads for the CX-5. No snow here. Come back with a review. Where did you purchase from?

Changed the way fuel consumption and remaining range is shown on the cluster. Done by long-pressing the kmh/mph button on the cluster. I think it looks better and shows more information.
IMG_2561.jpeg

Yo!! I researched those Sumitomo's while looking for a grippy tire on dry roads for the CX-5. No snow here. Come back with a review. Where did you purchase from?
So far we like - definitely grippy in the dry, and quite good in rain. Smoother than the OE Toyos.

Picked up locally at Tire Kingdom. I'm normally a Tire Rack guy, but I couldn't get a well rated installer earlier than two weeks, but I could get the tires locally at a well reviewed Tire Kingdom the next day and get them installed.

Last edited:
Although Mazda had modified the wiring and added fuse protection to Rear Body Control Module (RBCM) which controls rear trunk light, I’d still be very careful while replacing the trunk light and make sure don’t short anything within the bulb holder. Of course removing either the fuse or battery negative would be the best before replacing the trunk light.
Do you know which year or model they added a fuse to the rear trunk light? I have 2017 CX5 and changed the trunk light from halogen to led last year along with all internal lights. It still works properly, i.e. shuts off the trunk light on closing the tail gate, but I am worried. I have a backup battery powered infrared controlled small led in the trunk too, so in the future I might add one more of these and swap back the halogen in the original trunk light.

Do you know which year or model they added a fuse to the rear trunk light? I have 2017 CX5 and changed the trunk light from halogen to led last year along with all internal lights. It still works properly, i.e. shuts off the trunk light on closing the tail gate, but I am worried. I have a backup battery powered infrared controlled small led in the trunk too, so in the future I might add one more of these and swap back the halogen in the original trunk light.
Mazda modified the wiring with a fuse protection for the trunk light when they moved the trunk light location from the side panel to the liftgate on 2016 CX-5.

Mazda modified the wiring with a fuse protection for the trunk light when they moved the trunk light location from the side panel to the liftgate on 2016 CX-5.
No wonder my tail gate led replacement bulb was ok. BUT I panicked yesterday and changed it back to halogen before I read your reply! Damn! Punished for being impatient and a perpetual worrier.

Covers a little less than half of the opening. Bought it from Brunswick Automart. It was. $104 shipped. It’s a factory deflector.

Attachments

• 85C4BC87-A4E0-43CE-95A9-23339947F532.jpeg
    85C4BC87-A4E0-43CE-95A9-23339947F532.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 114
Although there is still some current leak, I think you should be fine as far as the switch is off.

Last edited:
Just another FWIW, ,maybe to make everyone feel better.... regardless of brand, everyone here seems to be charging add'l market adjustment, at least on other brand.

I haven't surveyed Mazda. I did just get off the phone with a Dealer about a 2022 CX-5 Signature. They don't charge any market adjustment but do have the proverbial dealer package. $2,000 for window tint, paint sealant, interior UV protection and glass vin etching. - yes, we all know that's about $300 worth questionable crap.

Moral - if you can't find a dealer selling for less than $2,000 over MSRP, don't feel too bad.

Oh, I almost forgot, DOC fees here in AZ run another $500

Tried the ventilated seats for the first time. I never thought I would like them as much as I do now.
After getting violently cut off by a BMW 230i and after the driver made a “bye-bye” gesture at the next lights, I realized that the NA CX-5 can be quite fast.

Although there is still some current leak, I think you should be fine as far as the switch is off.

Ok, I'll bite.

What does the use of your ventilated seats have to do with getting "violently" cut off by a BMW driver?

Purchased a transmission fluid funnel and drained/filled 4 quarts Ravenol FZ fluid.

Nice fitment. What's the wheel offset, or did you use any spacers?

Wheel style isn't really my cup of tea, though. Looks like cleaning will definitely be a chore.

Nice fitment. What's the wheel offset, or did you use any spacers?

Wheel style isn't really my cup of tea, though. Looks like cleaning will definitely be a chore.

Thanks!

Offset is +40. No spacers. The cleaning should be easier than the OEM rims. The spaces are large and the surfaces flat, so it's easier to wipe with a towel. I already did one wipe down to get mounting junk off. It took about 2-3 minutes per wheel.

As to looks, I'm just the opposite, as I don't like minimum wheels with 5 spokes or so because they show too much of the mechanics. I like the artistry of the metal work and not the emptiness of air spaces.

Back