What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Very true!

Hey yrwei, found the date codes finally to my Blizzak WS80's you were wondering about I think.

3017. 30th week, 2017 right? Same for all 4.

Fresh as daisies. You scored the tire deal of the year!

Yeah, I have my doubts it can be easily accessed from the back, as most hoods have oodles of bracing on the back side of the hood, and it's right out towards the leading edge. I may try it in the spring though. If it can't be it isn't a huge deal. Paint isn't hurt, so it won't affect anything other than the crystal sheen after a nice wash.

As long as the paint didnt get scratched and the area can be reached from the back side.

Actually a lot of pdr today is done from the front with glue on tabs. Check with multiple PDR shops to get opinions and see who is keeping up with technology.

Hurray I had spottet these scratches yesterday-even a small one on the backdoor under the car cosmetic reflection
I wonder how come??? No idea.
Now I'm curious what my friend say to fix it-if he can polish it out or if I need to do a paint job on this
b792f3ace5c8f5ef1340b4b86ea44684.jpg

7eeddaacc3411a35337c0bbd8284cdb3.jpg

809b2205477fc67aeb82c81398ed79cc.jpg

Cheers 101

Looks to me like it is just paint transfer from another vehicle, that can be buffed out with rubbing compound and then polished/waxed.

Looks to me like it is just paint transfer from another vehicle, that can be buffed out with rubbing compound and then polished/waxed.

To me, it looks more like tire marks from a M+S tire. Same principle applies though, a little rubbing compound followed by a polish and a wax and it should be fine.

Hurray I had spottet these scratches yesterday-even a small one on the backdoor under the car cosmetic reflection
I wonder how come??? No idea.
Now I'm curious what my friend say to fix it-if he can polish it out or if I need to do a paint job on this
b792f3ace5c8f5ef1340b4b86ea44684.jpg

7eeddaacc3411a35337c0bbd8284cdb3.jpg

809b2205477fc67aeb82c81398ed79cc.jpg

Cheers 101

Looks almost like tire scuffs. if there aren't any fingernail deep scratches (ones you can hook with your fingernail easily), it should come out easy with polish or compound and a wax. If they are deeper but not past the clearcoat, they can be wetsanded out easily and rebuffed (I'd get a pro for this one tho if you aren't comfortable with bodywork). If it's down past clearcoat when you buff out the marks then you're into repaint territory, which sucks.

It's hard to tell the depth of the scuffs and scratches from a pic, but I'd say they should be able to be wetsanded out at the very worst and polished to look like new. Any dents/mild ripples there that we can't see in the pic? Must have just barely scuffed it if not, which is good.

I have checked again-no dint and very minor scratches[emoji51]
Maybe I be lucky-I will meet my friend next weekend then we'll see.
He is professional car detailer.
I will keep you updated.
Thanks to all your replies.

Cheers 101

Last edited:
Well that is good news if it is just a few minor scratches and they aren't deep. Should be fairly easy and cheap to fix up. :)

More bling. And more coming.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20180312_202814.jpg
    IMG_20180312_202814.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_20180312_202833.jpg
    IMG_20180312_202833.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 526
Swapped out the toooo bright LEDs in the front with some better quality ones from Superbightleds.com
I've not liked the bright cold ones I got from Amazon. I was going to put the incandescent back when I saw a post on Reddit talking about different temp LEDs. Bought 4 "Warm" lights to try inside. Only swapped front for now. I want to see the difference at night.
56c134db633aed55fbc0da6d2d29316b.jpg

^ Nice, I don't like the cold white LEDs either, for some reason they give me a headache. I've been using warm white LED and they give OEM feel but brighter. Good move haha

Just drove to the store to check them out. Wow. Huge difference. I like them much better.
They were much better quality then the Amazon ones too. Fully encased unlike the Amazon ones. I'll edit this in a minute with a pic of the bulbs.
26f4ba140c5faf918e0c1406c7e1bf25.jpg

Last edited:
Back