What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Those plastic ramps, most likely stay put, much better than these:
HTB1DD8IFVXXXXXbapXXq6xXFXXXl.jpg

Yikes! Yes, I'd say so LOL!

Kitty litter only works when it's fresh. Won't do anything to even a day old spill.

For lowered cars, you can get low profile race ramps. They are pricey but they work really well.

I only use metal ramps. Yeah, they can slip on smooth concrete, but a little bit of rubber will keep them in place. I've seen too many collapsed plastic ones being reviewed that I just wouldn't feel comfortable using them.

I have always contemplated building some out of 2"x8"s, but haven't needed to. They'd definitely be pretty rugged, but far heavier than the steel ones.

ymmv

I only use metal ramps. Yeah, they can slip on smooth concrete, but a little bit of rubber will keep them in place. I've seen too many collapsed plastic ones being reviewed that I just wouldn't feel comfortable using them.

I have always contemplated building some out of 2"x8"s, but haven't needed to. They'd definitely be pretty rugged, but far heavier than the steel ones.

ymmv

Unless you are a larger person, 2x8’s either one or two high will do the job. Cut one end at a 45 degree angle to make it easier to drive up on. That is what I have except it’s made from 2x10 scrap. It provides just enough room to get under and get the job done.

ymmv

I don't completely trust my plastic ramps either. I either use my floor jack or jack stands as backups.

⋯ Where do you specifically find the Japan filters?
Since Mazda North American Operations have discontinued importing Japanese oil filters, you can only find it in old inventory from some Mazda dealers such as the one been used in your previous oil change. I bought out all leftover Japanese oil filters from Med Center Mazda about a year ago. ;) I've seen people are still selling it on eBay.

I got these: Ramps
e2223b5b-acc7-49b8-9582-51432149f492_1.9dd927d69fdda9016248f11c4a79908e.jpeg

They did not slip at all. Very sturdy. I then got some wheel chocks for the rear wheels.
I have similar RhinoGear ramps which can handle 12,000 lb. GVW and is much more sturdier than some of those cheap metal ramps which usually can handle only 6,000 lb. I've seen the metal ramps look like the one posted by tibimakai collapsed in front of me when a friend drove up his big old 74' Pontiac Catalina V8 for the oil change!

Those plastic ramps, most likely stay put, much better than these:
HTB1DD8IFVXXXXXbapXXq6xXFXXXl.jpg

Since Mazda North American Operations have discontinued importing Japanese oil filters, you can only find it in old inventory from some Mazda dealers such as the one been used in your previous oil change. I bought out all leftover Japanese oil filters from Med Center Mazda about a year ago. ;) I've seen people are still selling it on eBay.

I have similar RhinoGear ramps which can handle 12,000 lb. GVW and is much more sturdier than some of those cheap metal ramps which usually can handle only 6,000 lb. I've seen the metal ramps look like the one posted by tibimakai collapsed in front of me when a friend drove up his big old 74' Pontiac Catalina V8 for the oil change!
Ah well guess I'm out of luck locally. The dealer that did my last oil change is where I bought the filter.

And yes, mine are the 12,000 lb. ramps too.

Yesterday I checked my tire pressures and discovered they were all at 31 pounds except for one at 29. I inflated them all to 36 pounds. Later I filled up and drove just under 20 miles running some errands. My average fuel economy reading is roughly 2-3mpg higher than before.

Washed it the other day and noticed that I did indeed put a small crease in the nose of it when I slipped on the ice in front of my house and it broke my fall. Couldn't see the dent through the layers of ice and salt on the hood at the time. This makes me sad.... :(

Washed it the other day and noticed that I did indeed put a small crease in the nose of it when I slipped on the ice in front of my house and it broke my fall. Couldn't see the dent through the layers of ice and salt on the hood at the time. This makes me sad.... :(

It's just a car, you'll get over it :)

When our CX-5 was just weeks old, my wife was trying to park in the garage and overdid it. The hood of the car hit the brakes on my bike and it caused significant scratch on the hood. I was pissed but my wife was apologetic and I just let it go. We covered it up with touch up paint but it is still there. It doesn't bother me now though.

It's just a car, you'll get over it :)

When our CX-5 was just weeks old, my wife was trying to park in the garage and overdid it. The hood of the car hit the brakes on my bike and it caused significant scratch on the hood. I was pissed but my wife was apologetic and I just let it go. We covered it up with touch up paint but it is still there. It doesn't bother me now though.

Yeah, I mean ultimately this car is going to be a workhorse/daily for me anyway, so I expect some scratches and dings here and there. I've accepted this fate. Hahaha.

Just always sucks getting the first one, no matter how much you know it's gonna happen eventually. xD

As long as the paint didn’t get scratched and the area can be reached from the back side.

Very true!

Hey yrwei, found the date codes finally to my Blizzak WS80's you were wondering about I think.

3017. 30th week, 2017 right? Same for all 4.

Back