What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I know it's a bit heavy, but the factory 19" are 29 Lbs if I'm not mistaken. All four cost me $355, I could not let them go. I have machined off 2 mm from the back, so they should be slightly lighter now.
vwvortex, hmm? My previous car was a, 08' VW Rabbit.

I know it's a bit heavy, but the factory 19" are 29 Lbs if I'm not mistaken. All four cost me $355, I could not let them go. I have machined off 2 mm from the back, so they should be slightly lighter now.
vwvortex, hmm? My previous car was a, 08' VW Rabbit.
When are you going to put them on lol I want to see

Changed the oil (Mobil 1) and filter (Purolator Synthetic).

Rain-x'd the windshield.

Last edited:
Had a few things waiting for me when i got home this afternoon from Tire Rack.

General Altimax Arctics.

Last edited:
Went to the dealership to take care of the mirror vibration and a steering wheel cover rattle.
I had a 3" round mirror on my mirrors and they dined the repair, because of these mirrors.
The rattle, it was blamed on me, because they have seen a new radio in the dash and they claim, that most likely I opened that cover.
Why would I open the steering wheel cover, for a radio install?
I will try another dealer. Mirror, is removed now.

Went to the dealership to take care of the mirror vibration and a steering wheel cover rattle.
I had a 3" round mirror on my mirrors and they dined the repair, because of these mirrors.
The rattle, it was blamed on me, because they have seen a new radio in the dash and they claim, that most likely I opened that cover.
Why would I open the steering wheel cover, for a radio install?
I will try another dealer. Mirror, is removed now.
Or go with mazda 1800 number. That's what I am doing right now to get a bottom panel replaces after what's clearly a stress crack that started at the (overtightened) bolt that is holding it on.

well jbr is having a sale until monday.. 10% and free shipping. that's about $40 in savings oon the camber arm I want.. might have to pass on it though, wasn't really budgeting it until late jan early feb :/

My problem with this is, that the arms are pretty expensive and then they still need modification($).

I'm about to buy new tires soon and I want my camber right before I go to the track

That is why, I have not installed my springs yet. I have purchased the springs, in March.
Soon I will work on this too.
I'm thinking of buying the lateral arms, cutting them in half and I have to see what is the thickness of the arm's tube walls.
Most likely, I will thread one side with left handed thread and the other tube, right handed thread.
I will slide some tubes over both ends and weld them on by a professional welder.
I will have to machine from some hexagonal material, which has two round ends and hex at the center. One end will have the right handed thread and the other round diameter will have the left handed thread.
This way, it will be adjustable on the car.
The other side of the lower arm adjustment will be done, from the toe adjustment screw.

Last edited:
Picked them up today; I had the rods cut to 110mm. I will test them tomorrow to make sure they are within spec (I have a swaybar with a longer arm now from c/s that came after I put in the order for the new rod). I have the Autoexe rod set at max "safe" extension, and the new rod with no extension is the same length. If anything I may need it shorter, we'll see.
6FxaDIk.jpg

James Jabroni Racing camber arms just came in today. Was told they need to be extended ~ 30mm. I'm going to see which local dealer has the oem part in stock and compare it myself first.
StKKJSV.jpg

utxanT7.jpg

Back