What did you pay for your CX-5?

Try to get $500 more off. I am getting quotes for $28,720 for the same ..in the Chicago area. Only good through eom.

Newbie here. Hi! :)

I do not see much talk about the CX-5 Sport pricing. I am hoping to receive some feedback and recommendations.

I am looking to buy the 2018 CX-5 Sport AWD Black (no packages).

Dealer A offered me:
MSRP: $26,425.00
Offer via email: $22,350 before taxes

Dealer B says that the price I received from A is not possible and offered me $25678 OTR (On the road price/out the door price). Didn't give me a specific MSRP or anything.

How much should I expect for additional costs to Dealer A's price?
Is Dealer B providing me a good deal?

I do not see much talk about the CX-5 Sport pricing. I am hoping to receive some feedback and recommendations.

Dealer A offered me:

Dealer B says that the price I received from A is not possible and offered me $25678 OTR (On the road price/out the door price). Didn't give me a specific MSRP or anything.

Dealer A took out Freight from MSRP, will add it back, subtracted any available offer, and combined them all, even if you don't qualify for them, took out the amount of their processing fee, depending on your state, this can be in the range of $800 and up.

Dealer A took out Freight from MSRP, will add it back, subtracted any available offer, and combined them all, even if you don't qualify for them, took out the amount of their processing fee, depending on your state, this can be in the range of $800 and up.

I’d ask each for detailed line item OTDoor pricing. Then ask the higher one if they can beat the lower price. Repeat until one bows out.

Dealer A offered me:

If I assume Texas taxes cause i do not know MD taxes.
23911 with Tax OTD comes to 25,800 So dealer B has quoted you around 23911 or whatever the difference between MD and TX is. That comes to a discount of 10% which is believable. Dealer A has given you 16% - though not unheard of. Please confirm with Dealer A verbally/by email and then go in.
Answer a question for me too - does 18 Sport come with a safety package - including collision avoidance / BSM / RCTA etc? What other packages do you see for 18 CX5?

APR question

Try to get $500 more off. I am getting quotes for $28,720 for the same ..in the Chicago area. Only good through eom.

Hi,

Was this for a 2018 cx5 GT AWD (no package) at 0% APR? Any rebates or trades involved?

Thanks!

If I assume Texas taxes cause i do not know MD taxes.
23911 with Tax OTD comes to 25,800 So dealer B has quoted you around 23911 or whatever the difference between MD and TX is. That comes to a discount of 10% which is believable. Dealer A has given you 16% - though not unheard of. Please confirm with Dealer A verbally/by email and then go in.
Answer a question for me too - does 18 Sport come with a safety package - including collision avoidance / BSM / RCTA etc? What other packages do you see for 18 CX5?

Hi,

One question - when you say a 10% discount is believable, is it with the 0% APR, or without?

Thanks!

Hi,

One question - when you say a 10% discount is believable, is it with the 0% APR, or without?

Thanks!
Really depends. With 0% i would assume less discount. I bought mine in 16 with 12.3 percent off MSRP. Got a crappy 5 percent rate. My credit union gave me 1.74. I am north of 800 credit score. I always take max discount I can get. I can hunt for lower rate, prepay to an extent to reduce interest.

2018 CX-5 Sport has only one package available (based on website) called the i-ACTIVSENSE Package for additional $625.
  • High Beam Control
  • Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
  • Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop & Go
  • Smart Brake Support
  • Automatic On/Off Headlights
  • Rain-sensing variable-intermittent windshield wipers

Dealer A offered me:

UPDATE: Dealer A now is offering me a $25,000 OTD price. He provided me this breakdown:
SELLING PRICE:$23089
TAX: 6% 1466
TAG $344
PROCESSING FEES $300
ot $25000

I asked Dealer B to beat that but I have not heard from him. Dealer A looking good then.

Looking for pricing recommendations

Hello all,

Looking for some insight here.

I'm looking for a 2018 cx5 GT AWD (no premium package) black/black or blue/black. What should I be expecting to pay OTD, including all fees, but before taxes, at 0%? I'm in MO, but can get to Chicago/Memphis/Nashville/Tulsa for the right price. Price is the primary concern here.

Any help/pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Dealer A now is offering me a $25,000 OTD price. He provided me this breakdown:
SELLING PRICE:$23089
TAX: 6% 1466
TAG $344
PROCESSING FEES $300
ot $25000

I asked Dealer B to beat that but I have not heard from him. Dealer A looking good then.

**** Dealer B anyway saying "that price is impossible". Take that A Dealer... uh Deal. ;)

Purchased!

Final Update on the CX-5 hunt. Originally we wanted the Sport, but went with Touring (yippy).

I went with Dealer A who offered me the following out-the-door prices.

2018 CX-5 Sport AWD Black (no packages)2018 CX-5 Touring AWD Black (no packages)
SELLING PRICE:$23,089SELLING PRICE:$28,490
TAX: 6% $1,466Adjusted Price: $23,858.01
TAG $344Destination/Processing: $975+$300
PROCESSING FEES $300TAX: $1,567.99
Out-the-door quote: $25,000Out-the-door final purchase*: $26,995

*The dealer used some magic to make this OTD price. I could not calculate it myself. This was the price he promised me in email and he honored it.

Last edited:
Congrats! Which dealership did you go to? Im in the dc area.

Final Update on the CX-5 hunt. Originally we wanted the Sport, but went with Touring (yippy).

I went with Dealer A who offered me the following out-the-door prices.

2018 CX-5 Sport AWD Black (no packages)2018 CX-5 Touring AWD Black (no packages)
SELLING PRICE:$23,089SELLING PRICE:$28,490
TAX: 6% $1,466Adjusted Price: $23,858.01
TAG $344Destination/Processing: $975+$300
PROCESSING FEES $300TAX: $1,567.99
Out-the-door quote: $25,000Out-the-door final purchase*: $26,995

*The dealer used some magic to make this OTD price. I could not calculate it myself. This was the price he promised me in email and he honored it.

Hello all...new CX-5 owner here.

2 weeks ago I'd traded a bone stock 2014 Willy's Wrangler Unlimited w/ 26,700 miles even-up for my 2018 AWD Touring w/ Pref. Equip Pkg., factory installed wheel locks & S.S. rear bumper cover. MSRP: $29,870, Invoice: $28,921.

On paper: $26.5k for the CX-5 - $26k for the Jeep - $500 factory rebate (so, $0 tax) + $288 for docs and fees, OTD. Also ordered a few OE accessories at published 'invoice' with the deal, which, they still made some money on. Rubber mats, front & rear splash guards, fog lights & switch, cargo cover, touch-up paint and an oil filter.
Still negotiating on a 9yr/100k Mazda (MEC) VSC w/$100 deductible. So far, best offer in hand for the VSC is $1,276. Probably as good as that'll get, again, dealer will still make a few bucks.

Narrowed the endless field of SUVs down to the CX-5. Actually, more like eliminated everything else that didn't measure up in the price-point. Test drove a Touring at the closest dealer that was convenient, mainly to confirm expectations and to hear the Bose (main reason for the option pkg.), then began the hunt. Negotiated via email for @ 10 days. Not counting the dealers that didn't reply to initial email inquiry for best cash price below invoice, 6 dealers involved. Next best price was the trade + $1,495 OTD. Worst offer was the Jeep + $5,420 OTD. Once the best cash prices for the CX-5 were received, all dealers still in the game received the exact same trade vehicle information. I'd only planned to actually visit the two dealers that presented their best offers via email in the requested format, and, that also met my bare minimum trade allowance number. In the end, I only needed to visit the dealer that I purchased from (not counting the test drive dealer). Ultimately, I believe, it boiled down to who wanted the trade vehicle on their lot the most. It is currently listed at $29,772 which is down from first appearance a week ago at $29,991.

Back