What color to powdercoat my wheels?

:
2003 MAZDASPEED Protege
quick question for you guys, I plan on powder coating my wheels this winter (hopefully if I have the money left over), but I am doing this becuse I have some curb rash sadly, and some random chips from road rocks and whatnot, but I was thinking either a darker gunmetal almost like a black crome color kinda or something like that, but what kind of colors (black or dark colors, just not flat black or flat colors please) do you guys think would go best with the car.. also I plan on powder coating the calipers spicy also :D so let me know what you think,

here are some pics to give you a better look at the rims
(and yes the hood is popped)
IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

thanks

^^I think those wheels look good in that color. They're bronze right? Just get them refinished.

^^I think those wheels look good in that color. They're bronze right? Just get them refinished.

nah they are actually silver/ a light gunmetal kinda, almost grey. here is another pic of them right after I painted my calipers, in that 2nd pic above, they look darker just because the sun is behind the car, but that would be kinda like the shade I would be looking for, the pic below is the actual color, I just thought a little darker shade might look good and maybe a little shinier or something, I dono, just throwing options around
IMG_0705.jpg

and thanks

Last edited:
i like the color, but if u dont go white i dont like black. maybe chrome em.

hmm, well I have the stock RH wheels still, I'm glad I hung onto those.. so I guess the concensuse is to just recoat them.. and actually now that I look at the pic of the rim after I painted the calipers, they look a lot less warn than now after driving a lot.. so maybe a good thick powder coat in that color with maybe a little more shine or gloss kinda will be what I want.. I try to play around with the photoshop colors and see what I can come up with tomorrow.. not very good at photoshop.. but I will try

yeah +1 on Chrome Black

ya I think I might be leaning towards that, I'm not a huge fan on bronze and gold wheels, I took the front lip off because my dad cracked it pretty good on my trip to Ohio, looks ok, I lowered the front more too, gonna get some money saved up before I can do it though, keep the input comin, thanks

Back