Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Liner - Now Available for CX-5

Hello,

Can someone tell me if the Dealer Floor Mats are the same cut as the weathertech?
Does anyone have pics of floor mats purchased from dealer? Are they a good fit as well?

Thanks,

hey....i got the mats from the dealer...they're not as nice as the weathertech ones (looking at the pictures above)...the weathertech ones have ridges on the side that slant into the main portion of the mat, whereas the ones from the dealers don't...also, the back mats don't cover the middle part (ie. they are two separate mats)...

mind you, you can probably get the mats thrown in free if you ask when you're about to buy...

hey....i got the mats from the dealer...they're not as nice as the weathertech ones (looking at the pictures above)...the weathertech ones have ridges on the side that slant into the main portion of the mat, whereas the ones from the dealers don't...also, the back mats don't cover the middle part (ie. they are two separate mats)...

mind you, you can probably get the mats thrown in free if you ask when you're about to buy...

Can you post pictures of the Mazda mats ? :)

hey jsp. i'm actually headed out of town for two weeks tonight so i won't be able to post them until i come back. sorry about that.

No prob, I think I will go with the WeatherTech since they offer more coverage versus the Mazda ones which are flat.

Alacoyote posted a pic that shows it only goes halfway up in reply #8 of this thread. He ended up cutting an old floor mat and velcroing it to the carpet to cover the exposed area.

Last edited:
Alacoyote Quote: "...pop securely onto the "buttons" embedded in the carpet." (Wheathertech)

Can the water/melted snow enter that button holes and ruin the under carpet? I mean, is there a space left, once pinned for water to get trough?
(sorry for my Frenglish...)

Last edited:
Can the water/melted snow enter that button holes and ruin the under carpet? I mean, is there a space left, once pinned for water to get trough?

No. There are no button "holes." They are really more like one-piece "nipples" that are attached to the carpet and pop into holes on the mats. So, if water managed to get through the small gap between the nipples and the mat holes, it would just go on top of the carpet, not under the carpet (unless you had a flood...).

Thank you very much "Alacoyote". I will definitely buy these at the end of summer (someone pointed out that they where backorder in Canada if i’m not mistaken...).

I have signed my CX-5 a few hours ago and it should arrive soon next week.

Does anyone know if the produce the reverse floot mats for Australia, UK, New Zealand and Japan?

We have the Weathertech, you get the diesel... don’t push your luck! :)

:)
Following links to a UK distributor that turned out to be a supplier that could only import the mats for Left Hand Drive vehicles (most often American cars), that enthusiasts have purchased.

We do have similar things here. Some people want to purchase an old American Mustang, and they drive around Sydney with the wheel on the left. They're able to get the mats.... the buggers.

While on the topic of strange imports, it's very common (and easy) to import strange exotic cars from Japan. I see a lot of Japanese only models in Sydney. It's easy because everything is the same between both.
Neither Japan nor anyone else with their wheel on the right side... can get the mats.

I reckon they look like an awesome product!!

And if the manufacturer could just produce a reverse set for the two front mats, they'd make a lot of extra sales :)

inodes,
I agreed with you, It will have great profit if they make it for a right-hand drive user.

I tried contacting resellers in New Zealand in the hope they would have some:

Response:

Unfortunately we only import a very small range of cargo liners for our domestic market.

We do not export this product.

In addition to this, the majority of Digital Floor mats produced by Weathertech are made for the US Left Hand Drive market.

Bugger!

I appreciate everyone's input! I bought the CX-5 Mats and I am very pleased. I have a Red Zeal Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring with the Tech Package, and Bose Package.

IMG_0908.jpgIMG_0909.jpgIMG_0910.jpgIMG_0911.jpgIMG_0913.jpg

Back