Weak 2016 CX-5 Vents

I'm wondering how body types come into play with the heated seats. I'm skinny, so I get cold easily, and they get too hot for me on level 3.

My gut tells me the heavier (more overweight) you are, the less warmth you'll feel.

So for those of you that find the heated seats inadequate.... are you overweight?

I'm 5"11" and 175 pounds and I find my drivers seat way too hot on level 3.

Tuesday I left work at 3:00 pm and it was ~14F. I started my CX5 and let it idle for maybe 10 seconds and left. (No, I don't idle my vehicle for extended periods in the cold, I believe the vehicle warms up much quicker while under way).

Approximately 2 blocks from work I realized I didn't have my heated seat on, so I put it on level 3. I drove maybe 4-5 blocks and my butt was on fire (wearing heavyish jeans). I reached down and shut the heater off completely. As I glanced down at my instrument panel I noticed my blue coolant temperature light was on. So, my seat warmed my up much faster than the engine.

Now, I've never tested my passenger seat as I always drive my vehicle. But, I witnessed my son 6'3" ~190ish ride with the passenger seat on high for 20 miles. My GF will do the same thing. Can the 2 heaters be that much different... I really should try it myself I guess.

Its always on lvl 3 and never seems warm enough. My Mazda 3 2009 gets them warmer and in my Juke they were warmer as well.
Could there be a difference due to leather vs fabric seats ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a TSB out a new Heater Core. I had mine replaced with updated version and is blowing at 140 degrees now. If u are within warranty period of 3 /36,000 they should do free . If over that dealer or you can request assistance and they sometimes pay half. That wax my deal. I have a 2014 cx5 touring

There is a TSB out a new Heater Core. I had mine replaced with updated version and is blowing at 140 degrees now. If u are within warranty period of 3 /36,000 they should do free . If over that dealer or you can request assistance and they sometimes pay half. That wax my deal. I have a 2014 cx5 touring

Do you know if the TSB is good for Canada as well ? Ans the the TSB cover 2016 models ?

Please provide more info. Is it for all cx5s? I have a 2016. Any links for this tsb??

Thanks!

If we get lucky we'll hit 35 degrees here. I suggest you guys up north get one of these for your Mazdas:
50279847lg.jpg

My Subaru station wagon was the poster child of weak climate system. The CX-5 has a pretty good one. Not quite on par with my Volvo but not deficient in any significant way.

Hope I'm staying on the thread. I don't have the heated seats or auto temp, but my problem is the temp. Fan seems strong enough but temp doesn't get that hot. Also, I need to keep some type of defrost on or Windows will fog up within minutes.

Hope I'm staying on the thread. I don't have the heated seats or auto temp, but my problem is the temp. Fan seems strong enough but temp doesn't get that hot. Also, I need to keep some type of defrost on or Windows will fog up within minutes.

If your CX-5 is regularly fogging up, there has to be moisture trapped inside the car. I often find that people that have this problem have their heating system set to recirculate the inside air instead of set to outside air.

Make sure your AC drain is not clogged and retaining water in the AC coil.

If your CX-5 is regularly fogging up, there has to be moisture trapped inside the car. I often find that people that have this problem have their heating system set to recirculate the inside air instead of set to outside air.

I'll look into that thanks

I had the 2014 cx5 touring with the non automatic climate control...full blast and barely anything coming out of the heat vents, I live in upstate ny so I was freezing for most of mycommutes, until about 20 minutes in when the car suddenly became 120 degrees. Tun the heat down and it gets freezing again. But I agree with op, very, very weak air from vents

This wouldn't be a problem with a new/newer vehicle would it?

Unusual for a new car to have a stopped up AC drain but possible if somewhere calk or something like that dropped into the drain. When running the AC you should have some water drain out when you stop for a while.

Back