Wanted to share the 350+ WHP Protege dyno run

Puckpimp71 said:
last I checked, there was a little more to ETs and trap speeds than math...

ET yes, but trap speeds will tell alot. Watch the video, does it look like he had problems, tires spinning, **** no!! That was the best lanch I have ever seen on a Protege. The guy can drive. The car is fast as hell. I'm not trying to start a war or take anything away, but something doesn't add up.

My statement was an answer to MAM when he asked about the boost to hit 116 MPH, so I said: 30+(scratch) .

This does not means we actually raced at 30 psi. We are maxing out the turbo at around 350 WHP. We can boost 28 or so, but as the RPMs climb the boost drops to stay right around 21 psi.

status50 said:
What does the car weight? Because at 2700lbs and 116mph traps speeds would mean you are making around 330whp. Didn't you go 12.01 @ 116 on 30+psi?
Here is the thread.
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2398276#post2398276

The numbers do not seem to add up right.

You say 25psi and 350whp but at 30+psi (you didn't say exact number, just 30+ :) ) you go 116mph. 350whp would make a 2700lbs Protege trap around 119-120mph. I'm not trying to flame, but something does add up right.

Remember that the slicks slow the cars thru the track. They are very sticky.

HiBoost TS said:
My statement was an answer to MAM when he asked about the boost to hit 116 MPH, so I said: 30+(scratch) .

This does not means we actually raced at 30 psi. We are maxing out the turbo at around 350 WHP. We can boost 28 or so, but as the RPMs climb the boost drops to stay right around 21 psi.

So what are you boosting? You are pushing 28psi now with a small internal wastegate and instead of creeping you can't hold boost. (glare)

status50 said:
Yes, you would typically loose 1 mph with slicks and gain ET.

We are loosing around 4 MPH. We are maxing out the turbo, so that is why we don't get boost creep but just the motor wants more air than the turbo can give. The turbo's capabilities is 350 HP and we are making 357 WHP. that is why.

HiBoost TS said:
We are loosing around 4 MPH. We are maxing out the turbo, so that is why we don't get boost creep but just the motor wants more air than the turbo can give. The turbo's capabilities is 350 HP and we are making 357 WHP. that is why.
for some reason i gained MPH. it was a colder night and i had the slicks at 15psi. u guys are running them at like 5 to 8psi. when i saw them they were almost flat. i have my boost set up to come in slow for the street but i have changed that. hopfully ill get out the hole harder with the lsd and the boost comming in faster.
what was the car making on the 12.0 pass? our mphs arent far off and ive never dynoed my car so maybe i could guess off urs. my car is lighter then superproteges so i kno im making a little less power, but still on 14psi.

HiBoost TS said:
We are loosing around 4 MPH.

4MPH loss :bs: I have been to the track in my Protege with and wthout slicks. The most I have ever lost was 1mph. 4mph loss is like a 40-50HP loss!! You can loss MPH due to larger tire foot print and low tire pressure causing more drag, but 4mph is another number that doesn't line up.
Have you ran SuperProteges car on street tires? I can't find any post's about it.

HiBoost TS said:
We are maxing out the turbo, so that is why we don't get boost creep

Boost creep is caused when your wastegate size is to small in relation to your turbo CFM and PSI. My old BEGI turbo kit had a 1" wastegate swing valve. 30psi on this would creep because the wastegate is to small and ineffiecent for 30psi.

HiBoost TS said:
but just the motor wants more air than the turbo can give. The turbo's capabilities is 350 HP and we are making 357 WHP. that is why.

So you are saying your motor can suck down more air than the 30psi your throwing at it? Sorry, but PSI is a measurement of backpressure or an inefficency of when the motor can no longer ingest air on it's own. Your turbo is pushing air thus causing PSI and making the car faster.

status50 said:
4MPH loss :bs: I have been to the track in my Protege with and wthout slicks. The most I have ever lost was 1mph. 4mph loss is like a 40-50HP loss!! You can loss MPH due to larger tire foot print and low tire pressure causing more drag, but 4mph is another number that doesn't line up.
Have you ran SuperProteges car on street tires? I can't find any post's about it.

Boost creep is caused when your wastegate size is to small in relation to your turbo CFM and PSI. My old BEGI turbo kit had a 1" wastegate swing valve. 30psi on this would creep because the wastegate is to small and ineffiecent for 30psi.

So you are saying your motor can suck down more air than the 30psi your throwing at it? Sorry, but PSI is a measurement of backpressure or an inefficency of when the motor can no longer ingest air on it's own. Your turbo is pushing air thus causing PSI and making the car faster.

You presume to give Juan a lesson about turbo systems? ROFL... Thanks for the laugh.(rofl2)

briand805 said:
You presume to give Juan a lesson about turbo systems? ROFL... Thanks for the laugh.(rofl2)

Come on now. Pat's just upset his Mp3 is slower.

status50 said:
...but something doesn't add up.

I have been viewing this forum for a really long time. Ever since Juan came on this board I have seen this sentence written everytime he has posted some amazing news. How much proof do people need before they can believe something. It's the same friggin thing every time. It's really getting old.

status50 said:

I race in professional events and have done it for many years, so I know what we are doing. I build cars for road race and drag race and we don't need numbers to addd up. We just need facts. All cars are different and some are quicker than others even with less HP. Superproteges car went from 112 to 116 MPH just with a few more psi on his front tires, so this is a fact not a guess. PSI is not what makes power in a motor but air mass. If the engine is breathing more air than what the turbo can push, then the PSI on the intake manifold will drop.

I don't know what numbers do not add for you, but we have a dyno run and at least 10 passes thru the track at 12.00, They went yesterday and again 12.007, 12.006 and 12.007.

You have all the info that we give to the forums as valuable info for other to compare.

The car is 2.0 liter with stock bore on its original engine block, lower Mazda compression pistons, Pauter rods, HiBoost basic kit, 450 cc injectors, Haltech F10X (fuel only) ACT clutch and MSP tranny.

357 WHP and 12.00 at 115 MPH

BlkZoomZoom said:
Come on now. Pat's just upset his Mp3 is slower.
Well, that is not Pat. his name is Mike. He is here with me in Arizona at Beau's house. The three of us have been working on my car to get my turbo kit complete. he has been in this business about as long as Beau has. He is also very good friends with Beau and has a LOT of knowledge.

MPSpeedSeraph said:
Where is HiBoost located?

Los Angeles, But we have a rep in Miami who is my brother with his shop called TBK Performance. He sells and installs our products in that area.

Juan

Juan, I must also say that your driver is pretty damn good! Those times are very consistant, especially for a finicky MSP tranny.

Back