Wanted to share the 350+ WHP Protege dyno run

I want to share with all of you the last dyno done to Superprotege's car, todays fastest and most powerful street driven Protege.

We at Hiboost feel very proud of what he has been able to achieve, with my brother Manuel's help, on the basic kit. This turbo can handle a lot and when I said, capable of 350 WHP, here is the proof. Look at the torque and how soon the power comes in.

Attachments

• Superprotege's with HiBoost Turbo.GIF
    Superprotege's with HiBoost Turbo.GIF
    63.1 KB · Views: 690
Bigg Tim said:
What is it in SAE?? What gear and what boost? Damn nice numbers though.
If the mph on the dyno graph is accurate it looks to be a third gear pull.
Way to go Juan, once my car is paid off I'm gonna have to play catch up.

HiBoost TS said:
I want to share with all of you the last dyno done to Superprotege's car, todays fastest and most powerful street driven Protege.

We at Hiboost feel very proud of what he has been able to achieve, with my brother Manuel's help, on the basic kit. This turbo can handle a lot and when I said, capable of 350 WHP, here is the proof. Look at the torque and how soon the power comes in.

We went to the dyno today seeking 400 whp but that is going to have to wait till we get a bigger turbo with an external wastegate. We are very pleased to know that we have tuned and pushed this vf 22 turbo to the max and has gotten the max from it. Thanks to everyone for their continued support and encouragement.

The pull was 4th gear. it was 1.03 gear ration according to the dyno

4th gear 0.970:1

Could be third, when I get my car dyno'ed by the manuel, same as superprotege, we did 3rd.

JOMO said:
Could be third, when I get my car dyno'ed by the manuel, same as superprotege, we did 3rd.

isn't that the 1.03 at the end of the chart for gear ratio?

either way good stuff man

HiBoost TS said:
This was at 25 psi of boost. No NOS or intercooler sprayer. Just boost!

What does the car weight? Because at 2700lbs and 116mph traps speeds would mean you are making around 330whp. Didn't you go 12.01 @ 116 on 30+psi?
Here is the thread.
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2398276#post2398276

The numbers do not seem to add up right.

You say 25psi and 350whp but at 30+psi (you didn't say exact number, just 30+ :) ) you go 116mph. 350whp would make a 2700lbs Protege trap around 119-120mph. I'm not trying to flame, but something does add up right.

Last edited:
last I checked, there was a little more to ETs and trap speeds than math...

Back