US Diesel's big splash introduction

Aye well, they*ve included MRCC so I guess paying for the extravagance of the 360 camera is kind of acceptable. I would have paid it for the ALH - one of the best features of my car.

Specs equate to (scratch)

Surprised its only one exhaust and not two together.

Purely for interest, just a few images of our latest incarnation taken today at a dealer.

The Adblue filler neck;

IMG_4895.jpg

This is standard to the US but until now a 800 (approx $1100) option for us - radar cruise is at last standard;

IMG_4896.jpg

Very nice 19* wheels;

IMG_4897.jpg

Tell tale signs of an Adblue tank. The single tail pipe and blanking plug to the left;

IMG_4898.jpg

The aluminium inlet to the variable nozzle twin turbo pack;

IMG_4899.jpg

Purely for interest, just a few images of our latest incarnation taken today at a dealer.

The Adblue filler neck;

IMG_4895.jpg

This is standard to the US but until now a 800 (approx $1100) option for us - radar cruise is at last standard;

IMG_4896.jpg

Very nice 19* wheels;

IMG_4897.jpg

Tell tale signs of an Adblue tank. The single tail pipe and blanking plug to the left;

IMG_4898.jpg

The aluminium inlet to the variable nozzle twin turbo pack;

IMG_4899.jpg
Many thanks for sharing those pictures!

Like those 19" wheels than our US version.

With new Adblue DEF for Euro diesel CX-5, are there any changes on performance and MPG like US version diesel?

You mean like a VW? You*d need a new bumper design for that. The number of tailpipes won*t make much difference to the person behind when the driver of the car in front unleashes pushing 450 Nm of torque.

You mean like a VW? You*d need a new bumper design for that. The number of tailpipes won*t make much difference to the person behind when the driver of the car in front unleashes pushing 450 Nm of torque.

True but we have 450NM with twin pipes! :D

Only we only get 445nm in the UK.
Besides its BHP that gets you up the hill the quickest, Tiguan has 190ps with a lower kerb weight... And then we have the 240ps Tiguan with 500nm.

Only we only get 445nm in the UK.
Besides its BHP that gets you up the hill the quickest, Tiguan has 190ps with a lower kerb weight... And then we have the 240ps Tiguan with 500nm.

445 is pushing 450 fgs. If all the answers are in HP, put a formula 1 engine in a truck and see where it gets. You only get more power if you push the revs which I know you do but I don*t. I keep it right down in the high torque range. I don*t like to hear the engine revving.

445 is pushing 450 fgs. If all the answers are in HP, put a formula 1 engine in a truck and see where it gets. You only get more power if you push the revs which I know you do but I don*t. I keep it right down in the high torque range. I don*t like to hear the engine revving.

Funny how we've gone from "People buy a CX5 because it's a driver's SUV!" to this, rofl!

The CX-5 is wasted on people like you, the diesel makes a very sporty sound on full throttle which I personally like to hear, Mazda deliberately put a sporty sound into the exhaust note with pre 2017 cars, to enhance the driving experience.

In my day driving a 2017 car the only improvement I could find was the engine can no longer be heard on tick over in the cabin, but its just a noisy outside.

I regularly set off from stationary on full throttle on a couple of dodgy junctions that traffic speeds past.

So the latest car is now bloated with extra weight, all the latest power and torque figures just offset that gained weight. My model now weight 1820kg up from my 2013 car at 1666kg to my present 2015 car at 1703kg. 117kg heavier...

I should also mention that a F1 car is a petrol hybrid with 6 cylinders with a very short life pulling a very light chassis.

Last edited:
Still drives better than other comparable SUVs here in its class

Its also the top car in the UK, but its nice to have a change, I've had 5 years and never owned a VW, in fact only one German car before a Audi.

Back