US 2007 Mazdaspeed3 and Mazda3

from may's edition of automobile:
2.3L direct injection, turbo 4, six speed manual borrowed form the MS6
price "well under $25K"
in canadian show rooms this summer (from autoweek)

tsunami said:
i know you can only purchase mazda speed vehicles at the mazdaspeed dealership but what about service can a regular mazda dealership service mazda speed brand cars? i am asking because the closest mazdaspeed dealership is like 150 miles away iirc...

only certified mazdaspeed tech's can work on your car, and guess where they work...MS dealers...

bazooka joe said:
only certified mazdaspeed tech's can work on your car, and guess where they work...MS dealers...

DO'H.... thats what i figured... damn Maine sucks!!!!!!!

bazooka joe said:
from may's edition of automobile:
2.3L direct injection, turbo 4, six speed manual borrowed form the MS6
price "well under $25K"
in canadian show rooms this summer (from autoweek)

under 25k US funds maybe, but no way in Canadian money. Heck my speed was 28,600 list

I'm thinking around 32-34??? Which to me is too high. No decent stereo, no AWD, no sunroof etc. Perhaps will have options this time like the MS6?

It's definitely growing on me...For a 5 dr "hatch"...It's looking very taught and tight...The stance looks pretty good from the factory :D I think it won't take much to make the MS3 look AWESOME...with the right set of rims (I do like the stockers) and lowered stance. (thumb)

We could be looking at 255-260hp!

*Specs added to the 1st post.

RHAGEL said:
I'm curious to see how well this new "torque sensing" LSD works. I have a feeling their won't be as much torque steer as many people are thinking. The new Altima is supposed to have eliminated it, so why can't Mazda?

Probably going to be either a Zexel Torsen or something similar. Uses gears instead of clutches, so there's nothing to wear out. Really cool concept if you can afford it. It's what comes in both ends of a Hummer (the real one, not this H2 and H3 crap).

Wow, no offence to the 3 owners out there, but I haven't been totally impressed with the overall look of the car since it replaced my beloved Protege. Having said that, now I have to admit, the new MS3 looks really nice. I might be seeing an upgrade in my not too distant future. I will deff. be paying close attention to this car.

MS3 power

I just came from trading my mazda 3 for a MS6 yesterday. When I was speaking with the dealer they said the MS3 is not going to be that high in power but probably less then 250 hp. I doubt Mazda will make the 3 faster then the 6 albeit still has AWD vs the 3 only having FWD. Granted they could've been lying just to make the sale but I was sold regardless just because I wanted out of the sport compact. BTW...Damn the speed6 is fast but damn if that clutch isn't hell to get used to.

Armyguy1104 said:
I just came from trading my mazda 3 for a MS6 yesterday. When I was speaking with the dealer they said the MS3 is not going to be that high in power but probably less then 250 hp. I doubt Mazda will make the 3 faster then the 6 albeit still has AWD vs the 3 only having FWD. Granted they could've been lying just to make the sale but I was sold regardless just because I wanted out of the sport compact. BTW...Damn the speed6 is fast but damn if that clutch isn't hell to get used to.

um.....some dealers know things, some make it up and some have no clue what they are talking about...if he was a MS delaer, more crediable!!

Slated for release sometime in 2006, the Mazdaspeed 3 will arrive just in time to deal with the latest wave of sport compacts. The 3s biggest competitors in North America are expected to be Volkswagens newly released 200-horsepower FSI-T-powered GTI hatchback, Chevrolets upcoming supercharged Cobalt SS and Dodges ballistic SX 2.0-based SRT-4. In Europe, the competition is even fiercer, with the likes of RenaultSports 222- horsepower Megane and GM Europes 240-horsepower Opel Astra OPC. Mazda is confident that under the watchful eye of Mazdaspeed, the 3 will conquer and succeed, despite what look to be middle-of-the-road performance figures. Although the 3s development is taking front stage at Mazdaspeed, the brand hasnt lost focus on its other projects, namely the forthcoming versions of the Mazdaspeed RX-8 and long-rumored RX-7. The Mazdaspeed RX-8 is expected to make its debut sometime next year. Mazdaspeed has confirmed that there WILL NOT be tuned versions of the 5, the new seven-seat MPV minivan, or the hatchback and sportwagon versions of the 6. Although these vehicles feature the same mechanical underpinnings as their harder-edged siblings, their body structures are not stiff enough to cope with the demands that would be made by their upgraded powerplants and performance capabilities. Bakaj insisted, "We will only put an MPS [Mazdaspeed] badge on a car if it is credible." The powertrain configuration, most likely backed up by a six-speed manual gearbox, should result in 0 to 60 mph times of around 6.4 seconds and a top speed of at least 155 mph, equaling that of its midsized sibling.

Quick! Someone get a hold on the front plastic piece and make a mold for carbon fiber.

props to the photographer that took those two pics of the MS3, it completely sold me on one. They fixed the little things that make me vomit every time I see the current 3 hatchback (which is a lot since my roommate has one).

altspace said:
Quick! Someone get a hold on the front plastic piece and make a mold for carbon fiber.
That was the first thing that crossed my mind as soon as I saw it...

Never been too much of a fan of the 3 in any of it's forms, MS3 included, but it's hard to argue with a 6 speed and 280 lb/ft of torque in a FF...(omg)

Methinks me MSP will need some heavy wrenching to keep up.(glare)

Back