Unlock trip computer on non GT MS3

Well, you are then confirming that:

2007 MS3:Modification works
2008 MS3:Modification does not work.

Well, you are then confirming that:

2007 MS3:Modification works
2008 MS3:Modification does not work.

no because above he said he had a regular 3 08' not a MS3 08', the 08' MS3 is no different in anyway than a 07' MS3, my brother has one and he did this and it worked on his also, he has an 08' ms3 silver

edit: my bro has 07'

Last edited:
no because above he said he had a regular 3 08' not a MS3 08', the 08' MS3 is no different in anyway than a 07' MS3, my brother has one and he did this and it worked on his also, he has an 08' ms3 silver

I just tried this on my 08 Speed3 Sport and nothing. I held the CD and AM/FM buttons forever and still nothing. Looks like they took it off the 08 models.

JP

ok well that sucks, for the 08' owners, but im pretty sure it is still there some how because, they literally didn't change anything, all they did was extend production

ok well that sucks, for the 08' owners, but im pretty sure it is still there some how because, they literally didn't change anything, all they did was extend production

Actually we don't have the "SET" button on top there now. That is one small change. Who knows.

well... This worked for me on my 06 Sedan and on my coworkers 07 sedan.

Didnt have to turn the car on though.

I just held AM/FM + CD, put the key in and moved to the key to the "on" Position.

The Display then showed DIS ON.

I let go of the buttons and moved the key to "OFF"

Then i put the key back to "on" and hit the SET button.

We were all good from here!

Hope this helps!

Any ideas on 2008?

Hi.

I also have an 08 sport. Tried holding down am/fm and cd before start with radio on, ....nothing...so far, we need to figure this thing out.(help)

Anyone has a cousin who knows a friend of a friend who works for Mazda?

First off, you have to have the radio on, then turn the car off. Turn the ignition on (no need to start the car) with the two buttons held down. You should get the DIS ON indication. Rumor has it that for the 08 you now need to disconnect the battery, wait a while, the connect it again to make the feature work. The push the :00 button to see if it worked.

I get the dis on i just dont know what to do from there so obviously you can turn it on

Here is the rest:

- After a few seconds, you should see the display read "DIS ON" (driver information system)
- Stop the engine.
- Start the engine again.
- Touch the SET button to see the trip computer.
- Touch the TIME button to see the time.

Your owners manual explains how to use the trip computer. With the ignition switch ON, press the SET button (manual says INFO button) to cycle through these 4 options.

- CONSUM CUR: Current fuel economy (calculated every 2 seconds)
- CONSUM AV: Average fuel economy (since battery was connected or resetting the trip computer, displayed every minute, to clear: hold SET for 1+ seconds until the display clears)
- REMNG: Distance you can travel on remaining fuel (must add more than 5.3 gallons to reset it)
- AV: Average vehicle speed (displayed every 10 seconds, to clear: hold SET for 1+ seconds until display clears)

Sorry it took long to reply, yep I got an 07. they shouldnt be any different though. i had trouble at first because my radio was (hah) OFF! but once I did it with the radio on (and followed the directions) it worked just fine.

Back