trying to go from auto to man

if you have barely any mods to the car(or even if its stock) then its probably better to trade it in for a manual, i unfortunately didn't have that privaledge as i had already done too much to the car to trade it.

mp5jeff - i had never found anybody that had done it.. just lots of theory on all the parts that would have to be changed, and it always came to LOTS more than US$500.
but can you post or pm me a list of the major parts you had to replace. You just touched a nerve that's laid dormant for a while. I had really wanted to do this, but was told it'd be about US$2000 and TONS of labor.

Jeff can you also pm the same info, althought in future I think I will want to be the 1st if not only P5 turboed w/ a lentech bulliet proof auto tranny I don't think anyone has bulliet proofed their auto tranny just yet. But for now these are just :rolleyes: dreams; if only I had the $$$$$

Last edited:
subghetto - you gonna drive up to get your tranny modded by lentech?

If Jeff sends me the post, i'm gonna research the s*** out of the parts that he sends me. I'd document this one, cuz i know LOTS of people would want this info to be made public and that would gladly do the mod :)

Lil Freek said:
subghetto - you gonna drive up to get your tranny modded by lentech?
When my warranty expires and I go FI, yes I will definitely drive up and get my tranny modded by lentech. But that won't be for a while unless I win the lottery soon. But I'am also curios about the info needed to do the manual swap. Either way I want to turbo my car and I won't let having an auto handicap or discourage me to enter the darkside.

Last edited:
naw. auto's can be built stronger than Mtx... but for $500, that's a good price - considering everything i do to my Pro is for education :)

Lil Freek said:
naw. auto's can be built stronger than Mtx... but for $500, that's a good price - considering everything i do to my Pro is for education :)
Yeah I know everyone here has told me that it would cost $2500+ for everything not to mention that there is problems with the ecu and what not they said it's not worth it. Just to trade the car in and get a manual although I would have done it I can't I'am stuck with this car for a long long time.

Back