Trunk Handle Falling Out?

Agroskater

:
CX-5 2016.5
Hi Everyone,

So the handle for my trunk fell out when I was tinting the windows the first week of ownership and I didn't think much of it besides it being weird. Now everytime I open my trunk the thing falls out. I have a warranty and am going to have the dealership fix it, but I wanted to know if anyone else was having this issue.

Do you mean the recessed plastic hand hold to grab and close the hatch? If so, mine's been a bit loose (some slop) since new. I just figured that's the way it is for a vehicle at this price point (along with the no so well anchored center console).

Gary

Do you mean the recessed plastic hand hold to grab and close the hatch? If so, mine's been a bit loose (some slop) since new. I just figured that's the way it is for a vehicle at this price point (along with the no so well anchored center console).

Gary

I have a 2013 and its a solid as a rock, I'd definitely get the dealer to check it out. Parts shouldn't be falling off your car!

Mine has always been a bit loose, as are most of the plastic panel covers in the cargo area. Some foam tape would probably take care of any movement/looseness. However, nothing has bothered me enough to go that route yet.

Mine is tight. You can probably add black foam tape to make tighten up the fitment. The dealer may end up doing that anyways.

I take it you guys are stashing wads of hundred dollar bills and other "stuff" in your CX-5's huh?

Mine is tight. You can probably add black foam tape to make tighten up the fitment. The dealer may end up doing that anyways.

I take it you guys are stashing wads of hundred dollar bills and other "stuff" in your CX-5's huh?

Like the secret hiding compartment in the rear armrest of my Infiniti... well not so hidden these days. :)

IMG_20130701_183121.jpg

Mine has always been a bit loose, as are most of the plastic panel covers in the cargo area. Some foam tape would probably take care of any movement/looseness. However, nothing has bothered me enough to go that route yet.

I'm sure that it's an easy fix. I'll take care of mine when the weather warms up around here, maybe in April or so.

Like the secret hiding compartment in the rear armrest of my Infiniti... well not so hidden these days. :)

IMG_20130701_183121.jpg

Growing up I always knew of a few dudes whom would buy cars partly based on its potential to stash stuff like guns.

Back