2016 Mazda CX-5 Trunk Not Opening

:
2016 Mazda Cx-5
Having a weird issue where the trunk won't open and seems to be an electrical issue? From what I can tell, pressing the button on the trunk (there is no button in the car nor on the key fob) does not seem to send a signal to unlock it as there is no beep or unlock heard. The other key on the trunk which is supposed to unlock the doors makes an audible beep but IIRC it doesn't actually open the doors (can't test again till later). I did a bit of research already and found that a KAM reset may fix it.

I disconnected the negative/black battery terminal, turned the headlights on, and pressed the brake pedal about 10 times. After about 10 minutes I reconnected it and the trunk was still not working. Is it possible that I didn't allow the battery to run out? Or is there a way that I can make sure the KAM is actually reset when I do it?

And of course any other possible solutions are welcome as well

I had a similar issue with my 2014. Odd intermittent / unexplainable behavior. I hope this is not the case for you.. but for me.. the problem turned out to be wiring harness damage due to mice chewing on the wires. I sincerely hope this is not the problem as it can be expensive to repair depending on where the damage is.

Back