Troubleshooting Bluetooth controls with iOS 4.3

fateexceeds

Contributor
I installed the new iOS 4.3 update on my iPhone 3GS on Wednesday, and I was alarmed to find that the steering wheel skip button and headunit play/pause button in my Mz3 no longer worked when streaming music via Bluetooth. Fortunately, the fix was very simple:

1. switch away from BT Audio input to another input (I used FM)
2. turn off the stereo
3. turn on the stereo
4. switch back to BT Audio by pressing the AUX button

Both the skip and the play/pause buttons are now working properly!

Hey do you have the NAV screen in your car? do you know how to make the song data from your iphone (or any phone) show up? my screen is blank so it's kinda hard to control music when i can't see what i'm controlling.

thanks

No, I don't have the nav screen in my 3. As far as I know, iPhones and iPods do not yet support the protocol needed to display the song data on the screen; I simply leave my iPhone on shuffle and skip with the steering wheel controls, or I use the voice control on the iPhone (accessed by holding in the home button for a few seconds) if I know what album or band I want to hear (you can say things like "play album name of album" or " play band name of band").

Hey do you have the NAV screen in your car? do you know how to make the song data from your iphone (or any phone) show up? my screen is blank so it's kinda hard to control music when i can't see what i'm controlling.

thanks

Unless you have the ipod integration kit/cable you will not be able to view the song data on the screen.

Unfortunately MS3 does not work with any BT phone newer than 3 years old. I just got off the phone with them. I'm SO angry!

Unfortunately MS3 does not work with any BT phone newer than 3 years old. I just got off the phone with them. I'm SO angry!

So wait, are you saying that my iPhone 4, that I just bought in Feb.) has not been working with my car's BT capabilities?

Your statement is kind of confusing...to me anyway

Back