Radio/Display screen issues 2017 CX-5 GT

Hello everyone,

I was hoping y’all could help me with my radio/screen issues I have been having. This problem has gone on a few years. Due to personal crap in my life I never really cared but I have now got through those dark times and I’m piecing my life back together.

My radio/display screen will turn on and then go black/show the emblem and reboot throughout my drive every minute or so. I haven’t been able to use Navigation, Bluetooth etc because it disconnects when it goes black. Another issue is phantom selections. This isn’t nearly as frequent but it occasionally will hit random menus like I’m pressing buttons even when I’m not. Last issue I can think of is my clock will not update the time. So currently the time is correct but when we change the clocks again it will not save the correct time. I have tried to adjust this in settings and when the reboot happens or I turn the car off and restart, it reverts back to the time for day light savings.

When to comes to music, I’m currently using an Aux cord to play my phone. This works along with the radio. However, let’s say I am listening to my Aux and I switch to radio during my drive…. Whenever the screen reboots (which is again every minute or so) it goes back to Aux. The only time I can change input to radio/aux is if it’s the last thing I’m listening too when I turn the car completely off. So if I choose radio and turn the car off, when I turn it back on, radio will be playing and it will be until I switch the input and turn the car off.

I would really love to use all the functions of my radio/display again and I would love it if y’all could help me out. I have not done a single thing to the radio, I don’t know about updates, haven’t touched the SD card. I think I might of tried to reboot/reset it a few times in past when this first started happening but it never did any good. I live in FL for reference to weather related conditions.

Please help, thank you!

Have you tried just removing your Nav SD card? Seen a number of reports where the cards get corrupted and really mess with the radio.

Back