TomTom Navigation auto Day/Night colour change?

dasayheykid

:
Mazda CX-5, GT
Question about the auto day/night colour mode for the Nav. Has anyone been able to have the system automatically change the colour scheme from day to night?
Within the settings for the GPS, it allows you to alter the colour schemes but I have yet to see the navigation change colour based on the time of day.

My old Garmin did this automatically based on the time of day...nothing so far with the Tomtom built into the CX-5.

Question about the auto day/night colour mode for the Nav. Has anyone been able to have the system automatically change the colour scheme from day to night?
Within the settings for the GPS, it allows you to alter the colour schemes but I have yet to see the navigation change colour based on the time of day.

My old Garmin did this automatically based on the time of day...nothing so far with the Tomtom built into the CX-5.

there must be a setting in there because my NAV automatically changes colour depending on day or night...i think it was the default setting when i picked up the car

there must be a setting in there because my NAV automatically changes colour depending on day or night...i think it was the default setting when i picked up the car

I will double check, but going through I had no luck. Out of curiosity, do you have your lights set to auto? Mine are on auto, wonder if that's the issue.

I have done a lot of day and night driving now on the CX-5.

I am really liking the design for switching between day/night regardless of what the time is outside.
It's very user friendly.

I thought the way Mazda did this on the Mazda 3 was good, but they've really come up trumps on making it even easier on the CX-5.

I have done a lot of day and night driving now on the CX-5.

I am really liking the design for switching between day/night regardless of what the time is outside.
It's very user friendly.

I thought the way Mazda did this on the Mazda 3 was good, but they've really come up trumps on making it even easier on the CX-5.

The problem I have with the Day/Night auto switching is that the differential in illumination on the display (not the dash) makes it essentially unusable when it initially switches to night mode. It's just too dim. One would think that with all the "smarts" in the CX5, Mazda would have come up with a three stage dimming on the display. (Or am I missing something besides having to twist the dash lights adjustment?)

My other car is a Prius and I have absolutely no problem when the Display is in "Night" mode. Of course it follows the headlight setting (2005) but even during the day when I have the headlights turned on because of driving conditions (in California if you are running your windshield wipers you must have the headlights on) the display is easily seen and yet when it is fully dark outside it isn't overly bright.

Thanks for responding. Figured it out, my instrument panel switch was set to the max...so the nav would never auto dim. Might have been missed during my PDI.

With "instrument panel switch" you're referring the to the dimming control stem for the dashboard display lights, which turns clockwise (brighter) and counterclockwise (dimmer), correct? If so, yes, I discovered that too, one must set the dimmer control one click to the left of the max (brightest setting) for the auto-dimming to work between Day/Night.

Back