The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Unacceptable.

I guess I should make a track excuse list now. But seems like the track day posts are just ignored so I won't have anything to put in my list. :(

ps- you're not allowed to list your wife's car in your signature list. So there.

and my retort to that is that phen has also owned and had driven that fiat for 30k+ miles and done multiple autocrosses before taking his to track. He had an idea what that car could/would do.

my miata has essentially only been driven on 3 highway roadtrips on the car since i bought it and has spent more time in the garage in pieces than its been able to drive. and if it werent for me forcing the car to take it on a 1000 mile roadtrip to Lancaster PA to see friends over this summer, the car wouldn't even have 500 miles with me driving it. And that 500 was the trip back from Phens the day i bought and following weekend from driving to and from my parents when it spun the bearing.
I havent gotten to enjoy this car in any way shape or form and for me to try to learn what this car can/will do while trying to focus on track and focus on pass bys and s*** like that, Ill be honest that its going to be too much at one time for me. Let me learn the dynamics of a miata in the "safety" of an autocross course for a year or so while enjoying it as a street car first. I've alwasys said that you don't track a car if you aren't willing to wad it up or write it off, and right now i'm not willing to do either one of those things with this miata.

I think that's smart, considering what you're planning on making out of it for next year.

Levi your doing the right thing there shouldn't be any pressure to track your car you will know when you ready.

Last edited:
I like your style, Martz. But no one can beat me in the SRC. I'm #1, bro.

Excuse list:
REASONS I CANT AUTO-X

1. My drivers license is expired Mike
2. I dont want to damage my front lip MSP member
3. Not quite finished yet Chris
4. I have to make vinyl for my car club - Mike
5. Im not good at auto-x - Jess
6. My turbo is too big Jake
7. Im sure my pads are effed. Francis
8. My tires are done. Dave
9. No race worthy car and a bum foot Levi
10. Hung over. Evan and Sho
11. My turbo is garbage AJ
12. Car funds are low Ryan K.
13. I need glasses Jake
14. Im running on ethanol every MS3 owner on E85
15. Its raining Evan, Will, Breanna, Tim, Marc
16. Ill be in Vegas Will
17. Ill be at a different race track - Phen

I didn't make the list. Score!
I really need to attempt to get on here (247) in general. FB kinda took over all of my car things, but if it wasn't originally for 247 I might have never became good friends with a lot of you guys, made that list, and became all time in the SRC. Miss you guys. Happy Holidays!

I think some of the reason this thread took a dive is because people treated it like a Facebook status update and not a conversation. I dislike it when people would just post whatever random thought they had without a topic being really open for conversation or debate.

Facebook is great for people like me who are anti-social but can still keep up with friends. But man, some people post stupid s*** on there and don't stop to think "Would my friends actually be interested in this post?".

But this and our friends' build threads are the only posts I keep up on.

And yes, Merry Christmas and bah humbug to all. :)

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Any of you off next week, i had to kill vacation time and was contemplating a ride out to OH for a day if any of you guys were going to be free

Merry Christmas everyone! may Santa bring you lots of car goodies.

Merry Christmas! Im off next week Levi but the wrong direction. Lol

Have a feeling i might have some car goodies under the tree in the morning.

This is for Evan. If you dont have a chimney just how does Santa get in the house to leave presents? (whistle)

I almost typed "Post pics of your Christmas booty" implying the toys you got for Christmas. But I have a feeling this thread would've gotten really gross really quickly.

Did everyone have a good Christmas? And cool car presents?

I almost typed "Post pics of your Christmas booty" implying the toys you got for Christmas. But I have a feeling this thread would've gotten really gross really quickly.

Did everyone have a good Christmas? And cool car presents?

That would have been hilarious, and yet, the definitive end to this thread.

Yes, Christmas was pretty good. The kids were spoiled pretty well. I didn't get any car parts, but I got what I asked for, so that's always nice.

Who else ate too many sweets this past weekend?

Who else is stuck working today?

Nothing cool for Christmas but I did spend time with the family and that's what it's all about for me these days. I took some time off to start working on the RX-7.

The wife and I kept it simple. Three gifts; a want, a need and a WOW. She did get me a car mod and a smoker. I'm so excited for spring!

My in-laws spoiled me and the wife with a 28-bottle wine fridge for our basement and got me a Rigid 5horse shop vac.

Also got a set of Kobalt ratcheting wrenches from my parents and a couple gift cards to restaurants from my brother.

Then I bought myself a set of used Husky all-season floor mats for the ST.

I must have been naughty and got nothing for Xmas :(
The kids got some cool stuff though. Just waiting on some parts to make the MSP NA so at least I can drive it around.

Christmas was good at the Duncan House. Some Home Depot gift cards for future house projects, nothing really car related unless you count the headers I mentioned before.

Went to Maryland for New Year's to hang out with the brother-in-law and family. Maryland drivers effing suck. Speed limit 70? I think I'll go 60. Light fog? I'll turn on my flashers and sit in the fast lane doing 35 so no one else can go faster and match the guy next to me anytime he speeds up so no one can pass.

Heat wasn't as strong this morning in the wagon, gonna have to look into possible causes and fixes.

Which MSP is going N/A Corey?

Anybody make resolutions or goals for 2016?

I completely changed my career path for 2016 and went back to school that starts today if that counts.

I completely changed my career path for 2016 and went back to school that starts today if that counts.

I would say that counts. I tried that and 5 days into the new year it's already on hold. It's 95% online and they can't seem to make my profile in blackboard work so I can't really take any classes.

What's your new career path?

Welding. I am one class away from having a Finance degree that I'll finish in the fall when its offered. But I have a job lined up with the welding path that is very good money. I've worked in investments for 6 years and I've grown to hate Corporate America. This guy is kissing this other guys ass to get the first guy's boss paid. There is lots of money out there but none of its yours. The timeline for me to make decent money sucks. I am not waiting around until I'm 45 to crack 100k a year. Everything is so PC it makes me sick. Sitting at a desk just isn't me and I want to be proud of my work and what I do. I dread waking up each morning so I made a change.

The only remotely car-related item I got for Christmas was a set of metric crows-foot wrenches. Now I can properly torque pipe fittings and nuts/bolts in tight areas!

Anybody make resolutions or goals for 2016?

My main goal is to establish a structured daily schedule since I'll be working from home from now on.

Back