The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

It was the first image when I googled mazda christmas card. No new ride for me, in fact I didn't get anything car related this year.

Cool about the card. I got some door speakers and a cool breeze scoop.

Me either and this is the first year I haven't bought anything for myself.

I bought a couple of shirts for myself from American Eagle and then gave them to the wife to wrap. Makes sense as I get the 40% discount. :)

My Christmas was awesome! Got to spend time with my family, and I got a meat smoker so I'm planning to smoke ribs tomorrow for NYE

Cool Levi...so when is the first meat at the house? ;)

Anyone do anything for the New Year? We are just hanging out at home taking it easy. Tomorrow the fan will come over for pork and sauerkraut. A tradition I could do without....the kraut that is. LOL

Went to the Blue Jackets game this evening with a client of mine. Had a great time. Then went out to a bar to listen to a friend of my wife's who is in a band. Now I'm home relaxing before bed.

SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but not for me, I'm at work. Roads were fine, mostly plowed. It's the drivers you have to be careful about.

Spent 4 hours downtown shadowing and learned a lot. Get to my desk and have nothing to do. At least I have The Clash to pass the time.

Hopefully something really good, like a new position, comes out of shadowing.

What position are you shadowing? I hope that something good comes out of it!

I'm here but spending my days car shopping. Oh the joy....then again if I wasn't being so picky I'd have something.

What position are you shadowing? I hope that something good comes out of it!

I'm here but spending my days car shopping. Oh the joy....then again if I wasn't being so picky I'd have something.
No more Miata? or is that the summer toy?

I'm shadowing the investment department. Mostly have been with a Financial Adviser team but sat with the back office internal help desk today. Will be sitting with some bond traders and a portfolio manager at some point and I think a couple other places.

Nope, insurance co. totaled her after a tractor trailer hit me. So now I'm looking for another one.

Cool. So something you want to do or just looking to make a change? And more money/perks? :)

That sucks. Good luck with your search!

Yeah, now that Amber is wrapping up her Master's Program I'm going to start taking classes and wanted to see if that's the field I really want to get my degree in and try to get my foot in the door. Plus I'm bored at my current position and would like to make more money.

So little posting in here nowadays. I haven't touched the RX-7 since I don't know when. That'll change this weekend as tear down needs to start. I'm not looking forward to doing this in sub-freezing temperatures. At least I got a big, fancy jack for Christmas so it'll make life a little easier.

I needed to take a step away from things. Stepped away from all things car group related. Too much stress coming out of all of it. Petty bickering, stupid bulls***, etc. I let it get to me for so long that I went nuts. So now I'm back with even less ***** to give. Wooo!

Yeah I fell out of love with all things cars this spring... After the miata went down and needing to rebuild that, then having the 3 go as well I just lost my passion with cars in general. That being said the break away from cars and such did me some good and I'm down to Leo revive the thread and look forward to getting the kinks worked out of the miata this year and seeing it become the kind of monster it should be

The CEO was in the meeting attended while shadowing this morning. Not the first time I met him but it was the first time I really got to have any real conversation with him. It was pretty cool. Normally I just sit in the Friday morning meeting and listen but this morning they were talking about ARM loans (sorta my expertise) and chimed in and gave them some info. I was not expecting everyone to snap their necks when I spoke. Also led to a side project for the group.

oh yeah.....
images

I needed to take a step away from things. Stepped away from all things car group related. Too much stress coming out of all of it. Petty bickering, stupid bulls***, etc. I let it get to me for so long that I went nuts. So now I'm back with even less ***** to give. Wooo!

Yeah I fell out of love with all things cars this spring... After the miata went down and needing to rebuild that, then having the 3 go as well I just lost my passion with cars in general. That being said the break away from cars and such did me some good and I'm down to Leo revive the thread and look forward to getting the kinks worked out of the miata this year and seeing it become the kind of monster it should be

I have to say, it's so nice not having to worry about cars as much I use to. The Focus shouldn't need anything for a long time and I dont plan on modifying it like I did the Mazda. I just put four tires on the wife's car, and I'll be doing brakes on it in the spring, but it should be good for a few more years.

I have to say, it's so nice not having to worry about cars as much I use to. The Focus shouldn't need anything for a long time and I dont plan on modifying it like I did the Mazda. I just put four tires on the wife's car, and I'll be doing brakes on it in the spring, but it should be good for a few more years.

+1 it's been great doing nothing to the wagon except change wheels and oil changes.

I miss the days when it was active in here and if you stepped away for an hour there'd be a whole new page of posts... :(

Back