The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Plans are Car washes & waxes, Winter wheels on the wagon and building a tire rack in the Garage.

You're gonna love those winter wheels on that thing! lol

They look like doughnuts compared to the stock wheels, let alone the RX-8's, and it rides like total s***. All loose and sloppy because of all the sidewall, just flops all over the place. It's like a tank in the snow though, which is all that matters, it's just not much for spirited driving. hahaha

You're gonna love those winter wheels on that thing! lol

They look like doughnuts compared to the stock wheels, let alone the RX-8's, and it rides like total s***. All loose and sloppy because of all the sidewall, just flops all over the place. It's like a tank in the snow though, which is all that matters, it's just not much for spirited driving. hahaha
I'm excited kinda, I've never had dedicated snow tires. The stock wheels feel completely different than the rx-8 wheels too.

Never thought I would see in my lifetime the Browns in or tied or first place in the AFC North, except for maybe the first or second game. Should be an interesting remainder of the season.

Never thought I would see in my lifetime the Browns in or tied or first place in the AFC North, except for maybe the first or second game. Should be an interesting remainder of the season.

It's weird. But it always helps playing the Bengals in primetime.

Dalton is 2-9 in "Prime Time" games. This includes, Playoffs, Sunday, Monday & Thursday night games. Apparently this ginger confuses the spotlight with the sun.

I'm excited kinda, I've never had dedicated snow tires. The stock wheels feel completely different than the rx-8 wheels too.

Just keep those wheels spinning, you shouldn't have any problems! I even plowed through some pretty good snow drifts with that thing. You saw where my parents are at, the drifts get pretty high in the middle of the road out there. Just kept the speed up, and she went right through some thick stuff!

I just got some new tires for the Canyon, pretty excited for some snowfall! They look like they're going to tear some s*** up...

We have some pretty knobby road tires on our work Canyon, and I must say it looks pretty aggressive with knobby tires.

As for the 6, don't forget to turn off the traction control before you head out in the snow.

Whats everyone up to this weekend?

I went full retard today and bought Marks Cp-e exhaust manifold, 46mm EWG, vband downpipe and some other goodies. Now to save up for a Precision 5858!

Whats everyone up to this weekend?

I went full retard today and bought Marks Cp-e exhaust manifold, 46mm EWG, vband downpipe and some other goodies. Now to save up for a Precision 5858!

Moar Powah!

Spend some time playing video games, can't tune the car since I was sent the wrong controller for the secondaries. It'll be another 2 weeks before I can get the right one...

Changing out tires on the Wagon and the hatch. Pulling the suspension off of the MSP and dinner out on Saturday evening.

We went to Loudonville's playoff game, they won, we got freezer burned. Going to try to wash, wax and vacuum the CX tonight. Other than that just hang out with Andrew since Jen will be working.

Got the other door panel cut for the RX7. Sold the 2 last night. Got sick of the scammers and wishy-washy emails and texts (seriously, does anyone call anymore?) and took it to CarMax. They offered $9K, which is less than I was asking, but more than my minimum price so I took it. I won't complain about nearly $3K in positive equity and one less car payment per month.

But that money though........

yeah but honestly the sheer exhaustion of averaging 60+ hours a week for 8 straight months is catching up to me and the money doesnt seem as nice when i dont have any time to see the GF, friends or family. Oh well, ill just keep slaving away for now and hopefully keep banking the money to pay for a bunch of big expenses next year

Just keep those wheels spinning, you shouldn't have any problems! I even plowed through some pretty good snow drifts with that thing. You saw where my parents are at, the drifts get pretty high in the middle of the road out there. Just kept the speed up, and she went right through some thick stuff!

I just got some new tires for the Canyon, pretty excited for some snowfall! They look like they're going to tear some s*** up...

[IM G]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s238/josue309/GMC%20Canyon/20141030_112237_zpsfyhpumg0.jpg[/IMG]
[IM G]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s238/josue309/GMC%20Canyon/20141030_112305_zpsepakejar.jpg[/IMG]

A friend of mine has ^those tires on his Frontier and hates them. Said they are about shot at 20k, wet and snow traction was average for the first 5k and has gotten to the point that he says its beyond terrible now. said he would stuggle keeping traction if the tires ever hit one of the painted road lines. Hopefully you have better luck with them than he did. i know hes a little heavy on the throttle so that may contribute to some of the issues but wanted to atleast let you know what someone else with the tires thought of them.

i just purchased new wheels and tires for the Ram last week. I went with Nitto TerraGrapplers. and snagged a set of 08 Chrome Clad 20s for cheap. i LOVE how it looks now especially with the level kit on the truck. Hopefully the tires are good in the snow.
15138851903_5d818a4b92_c.jpg

15734559866_cd1732e8a3_c.jpg

as far as my weekend, i worked all day Saturday spent sunday Grocery shopping and cooking food for this week, mowed the lawn one last time before winter and still somehow found time to wash and wax the truck before winter too! My shoulders and arms are feeling it today from working on the truck. Pretty uneventful but got alot of things done that needed it. NOW i just need to find time this coming weekend to clean out the garage and get the MSM into the garage

Last edited:
Yea, I've read that same review for just about every tire I researched. lol BFG Rugged Terrain's, Mastercraft Courser AXT's (cheaper version of these, since Cooper owns MC) General Grabber AT-2, Yokohama Geolander, and assorted Goodyears...since they offer numerous choices in light truck tires. There's always SOMEone out there who puts doubt in your mind with a "worst tires I've ever bought, shot at XX,XXX miles, no snow traction, never buy them again...etc." review of what you are buying. Funny how one person's experience with something can be the polar opposite from someone else's? That's with anything you're looking to buy nowadays though, sometimes I wish I wouldn't read the reviews section on Amazon when I shop. haha

These are pretty popular on my Colorado/Canyon forum though, with great reviews, so I decided to give them a shot. Those Nitto's are up there in popularity too, for good reason I'm told, so I think you made a good choice! Pretty much the only tires I've seen with across the board stellar reviews are, the tried and true BFG All Terrains, or the Goodyear Duratracs. The BFG AT's are just too popular for me though, and I don't do enough off roading to go with something as aggressive as the Duratrac...even though it's still billed as an all terrain tire.

Yea, I've read that same review for just about every tire I researched. lol BFG Rugged Terrain's, Mastercraft Courser AXT's (cheaper version of these, since Cooper owns MC) General Grabber AT-2, Yokohama Geolander, and assorted Goodyears...since they offer numerous choices in light truck tires. There's always SOMEone out there who puts doubt in your mind with a "worst tires I've ever bought, shot at XX,XXX miles, no snow traction, never buy them again...etc." review of what you are buying. Funny how one person's experience with something can be the polar opposite from someone else's? That's with anything you're looking to buy nowadays though, sometimes I wish I wouldn't read the reviews section on Amazon when I shop. haha

These are pretty popular on my Colorado/Canyon forum though, with great reviews, so I decided to give them a shot. Those Nitto's are up there in popularity too, for good reason I'm told, so I think you made a good choice! Pretty much the only tires I've seen with across the board stellar reviews are, the tried and true BFG All Terrains, or the Goodyear Duratracs. The BFG AT's are just too popular for me though, and I don't do enough off roading to go with something as aggressive as the Duratrac...even though it's still billed as an all terrain tire.

yeah I did alot of reading and most of it ended up meaning jack for me cause at the end of the day the 3 tires i was leaning towards when i started looking were the 3 i ended up choosing between. haha

the Duratracs are awesome BUT they are LOUD!! alot of hum/road noise. we have them on every one of the company trucks. if i did alot of off roading id get em but i do mainly on road and only occasional off road so i dont see the offset/benefit of the noise haha

My buddy is hard on his truck (truck has 50k and hes already had to replace the spider gear on the thing) so i wouldnt be shocked if the Coopers are actually a pretty decent tire and they just cant stand up to his abuse hahaha

Last edited:
Road noise was a big factor for me too, I can imagine the noise the Duratracs put off!

Not sure how people can roll around with these mud tires on the highway?? Big ass lifted trucks....s***'s loud as hell! That noise annoys the piss out of me! haha

Hell, even my 16" snow tires on the ms3 are loud as hell on the highway. I couldnt imagine dealing with the noise all year round.

Back