Turning this:
20140903_194741.jpg

Into this:
Russ11.jpg

simply
6b8b3236f09f65ecccbdf9b42d8ccb662c2c6744c79b4219b16a3bef38a1da4c.jpg

Not just awesome
frabz-i-think-thats-gonna-be-legendary-9e4094.jpg

I wish the S5 mirror housings didn't dislike cold so much, since one shattered last winter while I was shoveling snow.

I wish the S5 mirror housings didn't dislike cold so much, since one shattered last winter while I was shoveling snow.

Whacked it good?

I'm probably going to make some block-off plates out of aluminum and get some smaller GT3-style mirrors.

Whacked it good?

I'm probably going to make some block-off plates out of aluminum and get some smaller GT3-style mirrors.

Nope, not even. A shovel full of the fluffy snow got tossed on it, and it just shattered. It was -10 at the time, but still.

^Don't like the head lights or the wheels, the rest is pretty amazing. 2nd gen Camaros > 1st gen Camaros

LOL, thanks Nate! Though that reminds me I wish the S5 mirrors came in manual form.

Do what I can.

After some research, The plan with the Camaro going forward is to check how bad the rust is in the rear, basically see if I feel safe about the suspension mounting points and overall structure. That leaves me with 3 options:

1) If I'm confident It won't fall apart driving down the road I will start replacing parts to get it on back on the road. Tinker with it, and down the road do the body work. Then any upgrading/modernizing.

2) If I'm not comfortable, continue to save and start learning welding/body work and focus on that. Then LS & chassis system! Bassically the plan about 2 weeks ago.

3) Another crazy option is to go with the full modern chassis & LS and drop the rusty body on it. I've actually given this one a lot of thought. Major downside is not being able to take it racing, but I can't do that with option 1 either.

There is on last kinda option, hit the lottery.

Nope, not even. A shovel full of the fluffy snow got tossed on it, and it just shattered. It was -10 at the time, but still.
Hmm, maybe thermal shock? Snow is ~32 degrees and if the air temperature was -10 that's a pretty big temperature change. Sucks regardless. So are you just living without a side mirror for the time being? I'd offer mine, but they're the ugly, manual, S4 mirrors.

[camaro pic]
I'm not usually a fan of 2nd gen Camaros but that looks pretty bad ass. I love the widebody muscle car look.

Hmm, maybe thermal shock? Snow is ~32 degrees and if the air temperature was -10 that's a pretty big temperature change. Sucks regardless. So are you just living without a side mirror for the time being? I'd offer mine, but they're the ugly, manual, S4 mirrors.

I'm not usually a fan of 2nd gen Camaros but that looks pretty bad ass. I love the widebody muscle car look.

I have the side mirror, just no housing around it. I figure if it works, I can live with it. I really need to get the 6 finished and garage the FC to get some TLC done on it, but I just don't see it happening any time soon.

And I have to reinstall the cat on the FC soon to e-check the thing, then it comes right back off.

Who's ready for a 4 day weekend?

This guy.

Just have to make it thru today.

Shame on you for Christmas s*** already!!!

And I don't get a weekend... I'm going to def work 12-14 tomorrow and may end up working Sunday too. This guy will finish the week with more OT than Regular time on my time sheet... Next week looks to be the same :/

Shame on you for Christmas s*** already!!!

And I don't get a weekend... I'm going to def work 12-14 tomorrow and may end up working Sunday too. This guy will finish the week with more OT than Regular time on my time sheet... Next week looks to be the same :/

But that money though........

I wish I got a 4 day weekend.
We get Veteran's Day off on Tuesday so I took Monday off too to burn some PTO.

Plans are Car washes & waxes, Winter wheels on the wagon and building a tire rack in the Garage.

There's been next to no interest in the RX-8 wheels, one guy completely flaked out and the other interested party is trying to find something cheaper for a winter set-up, which I understand.

I've found some cheap sets (https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)) on ebay, maybe make the fd wheels for auto-x/track? hmmm...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back