The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Make a mini upright bass out of a rubber band, pencil, paper clip and make your own music.

Neither did I. I know pretty much exactly what I would do if I did win, however its pretty hard to win when you don't play.

Neither did I. I know pretty much exactly what I would do if I did win, however its pretty hard to win when you don't play.
Same here, I bought a ticket for the first time in a while yesterday

Since apparently we all know what would happen if we hit the lottery big, what would you do? Who cares if it's hitting 2 million, 20 million or 396 million (take home).

My plan:
Pay off the house
Pay off student loans
Build another house, probably in portage county (or wayne county)
Buy a Ford Raptor for the wife (DD)
Buy a focus ST (DD)
Build the FC, either simple S5 13b-t turbo build, or 13B-rew swap + 6speed and traction control.
Re-yank the 6 motor, send it out to get full forge bottom end and get the topmount supercharge kit.
Do some more investing for both short and long term returns.
Start a rather large 529 plan for Tony, and one for the future child.

That's about all I've though out.

Kinda depends on how much I get but these are my first steps:

1. Pay off my house
2. Book Vacation to Seattle to see my niece. Brother & sister-in-law too of course
3. Sit on it for about 3 months to determine if I can "retire" or not and make financial plans accordingly.
4. Start looking for a house w/ at least a 3 car garage.
5. If I can "retire" - learn metal fabrication and build hot rods for fun
  • a. If I feel like I can't "retire", finish my degree
6. Camaro stuffs

So really no different than my life plan now...except for the "retiring early" part and being able to sit on a large sum of money. That and #2 will happen before #1 and wouldn't mind if #4 happened sooner rather than later but I will probably stay in my current house unless I hit the lottery.

I can't see retiring early. I would get bored (i love what i do, most of the time) and i would end up just spending money to keep busy at home. I think i would just set it up to retire comfortably when it came time, and live a bit more comfortably, and continue to work.

I can't see retiring early. I would get bored (i love what i do, most of the time) and i would end up just spending money to keep busy at home. I think i would just set it up to retire comfortably when it came time, and live a bit more comfortably, and continue to work.

By retiring I mean not doing my current job and probably nothing in the Banking field. That's why I went with the quotation marks. I would always do something with the end goal of making more money.

1. pay s*** off
2. quit my job
3. find an investment that can support me so I can retire early
4. buy some land and build a house around a garage, since I haven't found one I like
5. buy an STI for a daily
6. buy an HD truck that can tow a big ass trailer
7. buy a fleet of fun track cars
8. receive instruction from pro drivers at different tracks
9. travel around the world
10. learn cooking techniques from different cultures
11. relax, enjoy life

1- pay off Fatty and turn it into a track car
2- buy a small house with nice 3 car garage with a lift in the country
3- dedicate a room to assembling basses/guitars to sell (surprisingly good money to be had here)
4- I'll probably keep my job, I like it here.
5- track Fatty with a ZFG attitude since I can always buy another one and have a spare car to get to work in

Buy and Island, have a month long party, kick you bastards off My Island. Work from home and have a warehouse of 4-5 race cars, with a Motorcoach to haul 2 cars minimum.

I'd definitely use some of my lottery and give it to the parents, since they are putting me though college. Plus my dad deserves his dream car, an early year mustang fastback or mach 1, or both. I'm too Damn young to think about what else I'd do.

Back