The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I'll have to start saying lady friend about April...
I don't see that going over too well.

Thoughts on the Civic Type R?
civic-r-ftq_0.jpg

civic-r-rtq.jpg

civic-r-rtq-static.jpg

civic-r-interior.jpg

civic-r-seats.jpg

I kinda like the styling, but don't love it. Performance sounds good. Wouldn't buy it new, probably wouldn't buy it used, but would like to drive it. If it even comes state side. Hate all the red in the interior though, and not a fan of the wing. I think the Focus RS looks better, is AWD and if they were priced in the same ball park ($30k-ish +) would definitly go with the Ford of the two.

The styling is too busy for my taste. Looks like they let a bunch of ricers loose in the styling studio. However, the ricers did give it a pretty healthy power plant.

The styling is too busy for my taste. Looks like they let a bunch of ricers loose in the styling studio. However, the ricers did give it a pretty healthy power plant.

That was my first thought too, but then after looking at it again, the fender flares are not different than on a WRX minus the vents on the top,
2013-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-01-620x382.jpg

the black ground effects are somehwat similar to the factory option on the new 3 hatchback. Just on the more agressive styling side like the rest of the Civic.

The interior is just too red.

The wing isn't my favorite and would prefer something more subtle if anything, but then I realized I drove an MSP with a similar styled wing, just on a clearly defined sedan body not an inbetween hatch. Which now makes me think of how I hate the prius for being the weird in between sedan/hatch styling.
10-toyota-prius-rear.jpg

It's a WRX/Prius love child! The car is ruined!
666f55b21b5ec3644397a9920ca01bc011006211714ccb900179eb15a396c6c2.jpg

Last edited:
Thoughts on the Civic Type R?
civic-r-ftq_0.jpg

civic-r-rtq.jpg

civic-r-rtq-static.jpg

civic-r-interior.jpg

civic-r-seats.jpg

I kinda like the styling, but don't love it. Performance sounds good. Wouldn't buy it new, probably wouldn't buy it used, but would like to drive it. If it even comes state side. Hate all the red in the interior though, and not a fan of the wing. I think the Focus RS looks better, is AWD and if they were priced in the same ball park ($30k-ish +) would definitly go with the Ford of the two.

(blarf)

Looking forward to tomorrow and fitting the mock up exhaust shrouds on Evan's car. Hopefully will be making some CF parts here in the next couple weeks. I think I might have enough material to make every panel for my car :)

I'm looking forward to the test fit and getting those rolling as well. My car looks stupid without the rear exhaust shrouds. And Will is so nice to let us use his garage. :)

So weekend is about over, but this week the Cleveland Auto Show is going on, anyone else excited to go waste a day there? Thanks to school I probably won't be going until Saturday :(

So weekend is about over, but this week the Cleveland Auto Show is going on, anyone else excited to go waste a day there? Thanks to school I probably won't be going until Saturday :(

My buddy from Akron and I go every year as its 10x better than the Columbus show. We will be up there Sunday.

so my tire was bought and shipped via UPS from Vulcan Tire in eastern PA. It went to a sorting facility in Taylor, PA then to Harrisburg, PA ot St. Clairsville, OH (southeastern Ohio near the West Virginia border) to the Columbus facitlity in less then 24 hours! Talk about fast and efficient...Until they then send it to Indianapolis. Really UPS? You're 22 miles from the final destination and instead you send it 400 miles round trip first.

genius_c_254041.jpg

Back