The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

On a funny side note, I'm sitting behind a kid in my stats lab and his friend is looking at cars on Craigslist. He told his friend not to get a used Mazda Tribute because they have "weird triangle motors" which are hard and expensive to fix. So, today I learned that the Tribute came with a rotary engine!

on a funny side note, i'm sitting behind a kid in my stats lab and his friend is looking at cars on craigslist. He told his friend not to get a used mazda tribute because they have "weird triangle motors" which are hard and expensive to fix. So, today i learned that the tribute came with a rotary engine!

lol

Weather is warming and I just spent a bunch of money to hopefully fix the issues the MSM had last fall after the rebuild. Hopefully I can get them in soon and the warmer weather continues and then I can tune the car and make up for an entire lost year with it!

How's everyone else doing??

On a funny side note, I'm sitting behind a kid in my stats lab and his friend is looking at cars on Craigslist. He told his friend not to get a used Mazda Tribute because they have "weird triangle motors" which are hard and expensive to fix. So, today I learned that the Tribute came with a rotary engine!
Should've told him it's a magical spinning dorito!
Weather is warming and I just spent a bunch of money to hopefully fix the issues the MSM had last fall after the rebuild. Hopefully I can get them in soon and the warmer weather continues and then I can tune the car and make up for an entire lost year with it!

How's everyone else doing??

Lady that works in the call center got mad I wouldn't take a call for a basic mortgage question. Her job is to answer basic mortgage questions. She ended up emailing my co worker and she emailed back "That does require a call back form our department, it's a basic question. I have attached the talking points and references. Thanks"

Other than that, just hoping to hear back soon from a recent job interview I had.

Oil change and tire rotation for me today. Picked up my vacuum pump and cf materials so I can soon start making parts :)

Another day of surfacing MS6 exhaust shrouds here. Hoping to lay out some gel coat and fiberglass tomorrow.

Put 89 in the tank this morning. More Power!!!!!!! Not really. Not on purpose though. I thought I hit the button but nothing was coming out of the pump. Kinda looked back and just hit what I thought was 87 but it ended up being 89 instead. Only paid $1.89/ gallon though so it's not like I'm breaking the bank. I blame the fog for this.

Put 89 in the tank this morning. More Power!!!!!!! Not really. Not on purpose though. I thought I hit the button but nothing was coming out of the pump. Kinda looked back and just hit what I thought was 87 but it ended up being 89 instead. Only paid $1.89/ gallon though so it's not like I'm breaking the bank. I blame the fog for this.

the $2 more per tank for premium over piss water is breaking the bank?

not sure how to answer the question.

Just hate when people say Premium is so expensive when its literally $2 more per tank

Not saying that at all. And really unless you drive a ton of miles, you're not really going to see a huge difference over a year either. I would gladly pay for premium if I had a tune for it that would net me 10-15 extra ponies.

agree. I accidentally pushed premium for the 3 one time and got better mpg. But the manual says to use 87 so I am conflicted. I know the high compression of the skyactive motor would love better octane but I'm not sure if I would be hurting it or not by giving it fuel that it isn't tuned to use.

agree. I accidentally pushed premium for the 3 one time and got better mpg. But the manual says to use 87 so I am conflicted. I know the high compression of the skyactive motor would love better octane but I'm not sure if I would be hurting it or not by giving it fuel that it isn't tuned to use.

A bunch of cx-5 guys reported better millage using ther higher octanes. I don't know if the cost benefit is worth it. I think it would be if you got a couple miles per gallon better.

Its not lol. I got 20 more miles out of that tank. I average around 38 per tank right now. So the extra 2-5 dollars isn't worth it

What's everyone's plans this weekend?

Kennedy turns 3 on Sunday (crazy). Hard to beleive she's 3 already. Going to do some birthday day stuff, going to Sky Zone so her and her friends can bounce around on giant trampolines. Other than that, the weekend consists of stuff around the house and find a place to mount my summer tires on the fd wheels. Debating if I should hold out until I install the coil-overs and do it all at once or just have them mounted now.

A bunch of cx-5 guys reported better millage using ther higher octanes. I don't know if the cost benefit is worth it. I think it would be if you got a couple miles per gallon better.

Higher octane is not going to get you better gas mileage. Comparing mileage tank to tank isn't an accurate mileage comparison as so many other factors change outside of just the fuel that is in the car.

Octane rating is knock resistance, nothing more, nothing less. Although higher octane ratings typically have better detergent additives.

The 3, despite it's high compression, is still tuned for 87. (Like the CX5, 6, etc). Using a higher grade of fuel isn't going to change anything in the way the car performs with the stock tune.

Take your pick of articles for a source: https://www.google.com/webhp?source...1&ie=UTF-8#q=octane+ratings+explained&spell=1

Back