The Moderately Low (Not Slammed) and Functional Thread

8239422336_f30c799168_b.jpg

This little car and I have been through a lot together.. I'll always have a special place in my heart for it.

CRW_3898.jpg

IMG_6946.jpg

IMG_6926.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Suspension:
Tein Monoflex coilovers
Front: RB Big hollow sway bar
Heim adjustable endlinks
Rear: No sway bar

Wheels: 949Racing 6UL Gen III 15x9"
Tires: Hankook Ventus R-S3

Even the 3" exhaust doesn't scrape being that low, did have to roll front fenders, and haven't scraped on anything else. Car is unbelievably solid and handles like a go-kart.

I'm looking into purchasing struts and springs with tax return in sight...I read several posts in this topic with people discussing s techs and pro kits for the protege5. I have a general idea of what both look like, but if I understand correctly, the pro kit is "progressive" and the s tech is "Linear"? I sort of take this to mean that the s tech is going to be more stiff...

Can anyone validate which one of these choices would be a more functional set up for a DD car...or if either would be a good choice? I commute about 70 miles 3 days a week...I don't mind a stiff suspension, but I don't want to have to worry about hitting bumpers and the like. I also run 205/50/16, which is a little bigger then the OEM size, I was thinking they might rub with s techs.

Back