The Moderately Low (Not Slammed) and Functional Thread

^^^ Fark that s***. And pull up your bloody pants.

Correct wheels + correct tires for me, please. Function function function.

edit- ninjad by Simon. Are we fighting in here? Why don't the functional guys stay out of the slammed thread and vice versa? Come on now.

exactly.

we all need to agree that we have different tastes. some people (functional guys) like cars looking good and modest, and having the ability to take a corner at speed and enjoy twisty roads with stiff and functional suspension and wheels. some people (slammed/herrafrush guys) like to make their cars barely able to be driven, look like they didnt get enough attention as a child, and have absolutely no up side to their set up in terms of handling, drivability, or in most cases, looks.

let it be and quit bitching about it.

maybe its just me but i came to this thread to get away from this bulls***...

Last edited:
AJ, you're not helping by insulting the slammed guys. But I agree, lets all just play in spererate areas of the playground. No need to throw rocks at other cats. It's all gravy. :)

Which reminds me... I need to adjust the Miata suspension a bit. The rear is a bit too high for the front so I need to even it out some more now that it's all settled. And get another alignment. >:/

some people (slammed/herrafrush guys) like to make their cars barely able to be driven, look like they didnt get enough attention as a child, and have absolutely no up side to their set up in terms of handling, drivability, or in most cases, looks.

^ thats the same kind of s*** i snapped at justanothermp5 for last night....

One more outburst and I'm having this thread closed. Play nice, or not at all. I'm ******* sick of it.

edit: that wasn't nice. Removed.

And on point for the thread, here is my car back in its daily driver days:

DSC04942.jpg

where can i sorce one of these wings?

Wow, Bill. It's weird seeing your car not in it's current race ready form. Maybe post a pic of it's current state so I can drooool some more.

I got all nostalgic this morning seeing it like that. I drove it for over 4 years and 100k miles before I took it off the street.

Since you asked: here it is with nearly the same ride height (the air dam and splitter cut down on streetability though)

916740222_bPtSv-1600.jpg

916808950_3Pci5-1600.jpg

Very nice Bill! I was just checking out your site and like the vid from the splitters point of view.

That Protege is sick! Props! What did you use for the splitter? Just wondering, looks pretty heavy.

Thanks guys.

The splitter is made out of Birch wood. It weighs around 8 pounds but worked great. The car pushed like crazy any time I went on track without it. If I were to make another one, I would give Alumalite (a sandwich of plastic honeycomb and aluminum) a try. There are some pictures from the splitter fabrications on this page: http://www.breesmotorsports.com/09Season.html

Thanks guys.

The splitter is made out of Birch wood. It weighs around 8 pounds but worked great. The car pushed like crazy any time I went on track without it. If I were to make another one, I would give Alumalite (a sandwich of plastic honeycomb and aluminum) a try. There are some pictures from the splitter fabrications on this page: http://www.breesmotorsports.com/09Season.html

Yeah, I was gonna get alumalite but so expensive. Gotta be real precise with the measurement or else... haha.

Back