The Mazda Museum Tour!

Hi ! I'm new here

My name is Jean-Luc and i'm a mecanic at Maison Mazda in quebec. I want to help people and find some help too... Is there a lot of mecanics here? I have an exemple: Mazda 3 2010 P0403 Command EGR. Did any one had this code before me? (wrc)

Much thanks once again for the props, everyone...
Here are even MORE PICS
(updated the second post:http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4936744#post4936744)...Enjoy!

Mazda's Rotary Engine lineup over the years.

RENESIS Engine Parts Display.

The Eunos Cosmo's place on the Mazda Timeline.

As you can see...You can touch the clay model...Those RX-8 color samples are very cool as well!

RX-8 Interior Design Model.
4080532342_1c1c080673_b.jpg

4079773009_7309de1eb3_b.jpg

RX-8 Engine & Drivetrain

RX-8 Body Shell

RX-8 Exterior Model

RX-8 used for crash testing.

Rotor Casting and Finishing Stages.

RX-8 Body Panel Production Stages.

Rotary Engine side-view.

The Rotary Engine of the Future!

Mazda's Hydrogen Powered Concept Car from the 1990's.

Another Mazda Hydrogen Powered Concept Car from the 1990's.

Mazda's RYUGA Concept.

Took a quick pic of my Cosmo and Mazda HQ before heading off...:D

That's it for the pics (couldn't take any shots during the factory tour)...Video coming soon! :D

Thanks again for taking a look! (2thumbs)

Mazda's RYUGA Concept looks like a hot wheel lol. im wondering how nasty would the blind spot be at the rear.

Antoine, have you some additional infos about "rotary engine of the future"?

the layout is very interesting....coupling rotary engine+ hybrid system to electric assisted turbo, the battery seems feed the turbo

is it direct injection?

I went to the museum back in the summer several years ago and it was absolutely amazing. the factory was freagin sweet too and its a shame your not allowed to take pictures but its pretty obvious why you cant. hope you enjoyed your trip!

I'm sure I've seen that guy somewhere before! (dance)

4079793561_e807369fef_b.jpg

It's always a great time at Mazda HQ. (2thumbs)

Cheers,
Danny

Antoine, have you some additional infos about "rotary engine of the future"?

the layout is very interesting....coupling rotary engine+ hybrid system to electric assisted turbo, the battery seems feed the turbo

is it direct injection?

Good Question! I don't have additional info at the moment but I can look into it...Have you found any additional info or does anyone have additional input on this very unique setup...Wish I had more time during the tour to get all the details!

I went to the museum back in the summer several years ago and it was absolutely amazing. the factory was freagin sweet too and its a shame your not allowed to take pictures but its pretty obvious why you cant. hope you enjoyed your trip!

Yeah the museum is a MUST SEE and you're right...It's too bad you can't take any pics or vids during the factory tour...It was very cool to see new Mazdas being "born"...:p

I had an awesome time...Thanks for the kind feedback! :D

I'm sure I've seen that guy somewhere before! (dance)

It's always a great time at Mazda HQ. (2thumbs)

Cheers,
Danny

Welcome to Mazda Forums, Danny!

Were you there at the same time as me??? :p

ah ok cool now that pictures makes sense to me! Thanks Danny!

(woowoo)

FINALLY...SOME VIDS...Enjoy! :D

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KpGCOanOVoQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KpGCOanOVoQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5Gmjf_pnUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5Gmjf_pnUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Good Question! I don't have additional info at the moment but I can look into it...Have you found any additional info or does anyone have additional input on this very unique setup...Wish I had more time during the tour to get all the details!

the only thing i can say for sure is that in the pasts 4 or 5 years Mazda Motor Company have placet A LOT of patents related to "electric assist supercharger".

that thing is a clear "electro-assist turbocharger" layout (yippy)

Rotary Engine of the Future

the only thing i can say for sure is that in the pasts 4 or 5 years Mazda Motor Company have placet A LOT of patents related to "electric assist supercharger".

that thing is a clear "electro-assist turbocharger" layout (yippy)

MazdaMatt, keen eye there!! If you look at the bottom left corner and zoom in on Antoine's pic, it says "Hydrogen RE Unit" which I think is in the Hydrogen powered Premacy that Mazda has shown the last year or 2.

That big fat tank is probably the H2 tank, the black tank I'm guessing is the dino fuel tank, and it is a motor-assisted turbocharger (says on the label). Above the turbo and below the orange plugs is the hybrid motor.

According to what I was able to dig up on the web, it can switch off between H2 and gas. Pretty neat.

I was hoping Mazda was working on a supercar type of EV where the rotary engine only drives the generator that provides juice to a mongo electric motor (wasn't there such a prototype that can do 0-60 in 3.5 sec?).... but I guess not... darn...

MazdaMatt, keen eye there!! If you look at the bottom left corner and zoom in on Antoine's pic, it says "Hydrogen RE Unit" which I think is in the Hydrogen powered Premacy that Mazda has shown the last year or 2.

No. the premacy h2 hybrid layout is completly different than this one.

first of all Premacy H2 is a SERIAL hybrid..rotary engine moves only a generator wich moves wheels.

this layout is a PARALLEL hybrid. (like honda IMA) the engine and electric motor works together and there is a complete gearbox (see pictures).

no turbo on premacy , here there is a turbo.

maybe is a old proposal for hybrid rotary wich it was turned into Premacy system.

that engine is into a Museum, not into an R&D dept. maybe they have changed idea on hybrid rotary.

OT: Are you Japanese? (2thumbs)

EDIT: you are japanese..excuse me for the question......

Last edited:
No. the premacy h2 hybrid layout is completly different than this one.

first of all Premacy H2 is a SERIAL hybrid..rotary engine moves only a generator wich moves wheels.

this layout is a PARALLEL hybrid. (like honda IMA) the engine and electric motor works together and there is a complete gearbox (see pictures).

no turbo on premacy , here there is a turbo.

maybe is a old proposal for hybrid rotary wich it was turned into Premacy system.

that engine is into a Museum, not into an R&D dept. maybe they have changed idea on hybrid rotary.

OT: Are you Japanese? (2thumbs)

EDIT: you are japanese..excuse me for the question......
Ooohhh.... wow. How do you know so much? Come to think of it, since this is in the museum, it might have been a prototype old enough to allow visitors to actually see it. Are you an automotive engineer?

Anyways I think the LeMans car rocks! That rotary kicked serious ass in that race. Too bad the Europeans didn't like it and disallowed rotaries. Sore losers!

p.s. Yes, my parents are Japanese and I live and work in Japan, but boy do I miss (USA) Wendy's and real apple pie with ice cream. Can't get that stuff here... hey do you live near Monza up north?

Last edited:
Back