The Build Began!!!!!

tweetyspeed

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
so i have finnally pulled everything apart and gotten started!!!!!!!! two holes in the block on the number 4 cylinder an a messed up piston and rod!!!! bout to be fully built and alot of power to come soon!!!! (I HOPE) the last picture was to make the hardship of stripping car down better!

Attachments

• moto_0044[1].JPG
    moto_0044[1].JPG
    12 KB · Views: 202
  • moto_0043[1].JPG
    moto_0043[1].JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 182
  • moto_0046[1].JPG
    moto_0046[1].JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 205
  • moto_0045[1].JPG
    moto_0045[1].JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 192
  • moto_0016[1].JPG
    moto_0016[1].JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 214
i blew my motor last nite. it had a 141,546 miles and i did it at 15 psi and shiftin to fourth. i have six holes in the block.

?????

does a stock non 2.0 bolt up correctly?

thanks

derek

i blew my motor last nite. it had a 141,546 miles and i did it at 15 psi and shiftin to fourth. i have six holes in the block.

?????

does a stock non 2.0 bolt up correctly?

thanks

derek

yes it will

2.0 626, probe, mpv, mx-6, and i think a sportage will work as well. my new block is from a 626.... can get you one if needed... pm me if so

so for a list of parts and work......

k1 h beam rods
wiesco 9.0 to 1 pistons
srmotorsports ajustable cam gears
arp head studs
custom tube manifold
custom oversized valves
custom upgrade valve springs
massive port and polish job to head
gate racing timing belt (specially made)

soon to come:
aem f/ic-8
custom 660 injectors
custom made fuel rail
3" full turbo back exhaust (2.5" for now)
disco potato t28rs or t3071r not sure yet
more parts than i can think...........

LOL, just looking at the pictures, I thought your build included the watermelon and the bacardi.

Looks good. Can't wait to see the final product!

scratch the cam gear that adjustable cam pick up s*** is no good. O and can i ask why your going with the f/i c 8 instead of the 6?

scratch the cam gear that adjustable cam pick up s*** is no good. O and can i ask why your going with the f/i c 8 instead of the 6?

self intergrated boost controlling mostly... well with the add on boost silonoid... why are the ajustable timing gear no good?

LOL, just looking at the pictures, I thought your build included the watermelon and the bacardi.

Looks good. Can't wait to see the final product!

o trust me it does!!!!!!!!! alot of it to keep from burning this nightmare up and collecting insurance..... j/k state farm i wouldnt do that!!!(drunk)

don't get adj. cam gear = not worth it for DD unless your part of racing team where you might use need them.

Have you heard anyone using them and getting something good in return except for race teems/few tuners that know what they're doing.

i have GT3071R as well , get it if you plan to get 350 or more then that whp.

How soon you think you'll get the custom t3 manifold ,since i'm in a need of one LMK too

don't get adj. cam gear = not worth it for DD unless your part of racing team where you might use need them.

Have you heard anyone using them and getting something good in return except for race teems/few tuners that know what they're doing.

i have GT3071R as well , get it if you plan to get 350 or more then that whp.

How soon you think you'll get the custom t3 manifold ,since i'm in a need of one LMK too

alreadt have the t3 manifold... if you type in protege turbo in seach on ebay the one that comes up for the p5 fits. had to touch up the tig weld just a bit but on a flow machine it flowed 4x greater then the factory manifold and for $175 not a bad deal i would say. and the sr timing gears i picked up for $100 bucks shipped do to a buisness going under trying to make money. friend of mine is very talented at tuning with them on a veriety of cars so thought i would give it a try. have to say though been reading other threads you post on and you seem to have a good bit of knowlege... is there anything with them other than just being hard to tune with?

self intergrated boost controlling mostly... well with the add on boost silonoid... why are the ajustable timing gear no good?

because the cam pickup moves with the gear instead of staying stationary and the gear just moving. the one adj cam gears that i have seen work correctly are the tripoint ones that were modified stock cam gears. And to be honest if the boost control on the piggy back is anything like the tru boost its going to suck ass.

Back