Testing ABS sensor

:
2003.5 mazdaspeed protege
Hi. I have a 2003.5 msp. The light for abs and hand brake is on. Read on forums that it is abs sensor problem.

Now the questions is, how do I know which wheel sensor is the faulty one? Is there a simple way of testing this so I can replace the right one? Thanks in advance.

Check your resistance at each sensor. Do that first and report back making sure to record the resistance of each sensor.

That's assuming you have a multi-meter. And know what I'm talking about. And BTW spec is 1.3-1.7 killiohm

Yea. I don't have a good obd2. So I will have to do the down and dirty method.....

And yes I have a multi meter. I will try to get to it sometime this week. Thanks for the pro tip

Yea. I don't have a good obd2. So I will have to do the down and dirty method.....

And yes I have a multi meter. I will try to get to it sometime this week. Thanks for the pro tip

$10 ses its your right rear wheelspeed sensor.

Also, the note the left rear wheelspeed sensor is identical and cheaper...

Same place you buy any other parts for your car. Rockauto is typically cheap but sometimes they get you with shipping.

Depending on the store you go to and what scanner they have they may be able to tell you which sensor has failed. A shop/dealer could tell you as well but they will obviously charge you for a diagnosis.

Latest posts

Back