stock sound

Reaper

i am looking to upgrade my stereo from stock to all alpine but i didnt kno if anyone has any other idea about the stock radio. should i look out for anything when putting the system in?

i am looking to upgrade my stereo from stock to all alpine but i didnt kno if anyone has any other idea about the stock radio. should i look out for anything when putting the system in?

not really, if you were going for very high end SQ, than I would replace the head unit, and run some 4 channel amps, but if you just replace the speakers,it will be much better sound.

The stock headunit puts out a high quality signal. It just needs an amp and good speakers to be very nice.

I have the bose unit, and after adding a mono amp and subwoofer it sounds amazing for a stock system.

Improving stock sound

The stock headunit puts out a high quality signal. It just needs an amp and good speakers to be very nice.

I have the bose unit, and after adding a mono amp and subwoofer it sounds amazing for a stock system.

Thats what I have and what I need help with. I want to keep my stock headunit because I was told if I get an aftermarket stereo, I will lose my trip computer.
What would you recommend for an amp and speakers? I dont need a top of the line setup that costs thousands. I just want to improve what I have. Would welcome any and all comments and ideas.

Thats what I have and what I need help with. I want to keep my stock headunit because I was told if I get an aftermarket stereo, I will lose my trip computer.
What would you recommend for an amp and speakers? I dont need a top of the line setup that costs thousands. I just want to improve what I have. Would welcome any and all comments and ideas.

I bought my amp at Frys for $79 (Crunch P500.2), although a stereo unit, it has the ability to bridge the two channels into a mono signal.

You can see the specs at the manufacturers website here: http://www.maxxsonics.com/crunch/PZ_amps_details.html

I'm using it with an 8" JL Audio Sub in the Stealth Enclosure that I bought through a group buy on this forum.

Sounds great!

I've also installed a computer into my car, which you can see here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123726870

Back