Stock Exhaust

Protege73

:
Titanium 2003.5
Is the stock exhaust any good, or should I be looking for a new one, and which one would you guys recommend?

Stock Exhaust Sucks

replace ASAP. there are many good ones out there depending on price? you should replace as much of it as possible from the turbo all the way back again depending on how much you're willing to spend. Corksport, GHL, ION, greddy, or have a custom made, there are lots out there.

Depends. For a stock exhaust its not bad. If you are after increased performance and better flow, no. Its an exhaustive bottleneck on the car.

There are many good exhaust options out there. Its up to you to decide how much you want to spend.

I'll start looking for a new one ASAP then. I don't want one that sounds over board, like those ridiculous ones people put on their little Honda Civics, I want a throaty sound, but nothing that is gonna be deafening.

I have the Greddy SP2 and an Apex catless downpipe. My car is anything but loud. For the money, you cannot go wrong with Trust/Greddy product.

DAWIV said:
I have the Greddy SP2 and an Apex catless downpipe. My car is anything but loud. For the money, you cannot go wrong with Trust/Greddy product.
I've seen/heard this setup and I like it a lot. Very throaty, but not "loud"

I paid $469 US dollars for mine from Ben @ Apex in Arizona. I understand that shipping cost more to Canada. Just try to find a local tuner shop and see what they can do. Also search the net for Greddy vendors. Good luck.

For performance and cost i'd go with GHL catless turbo back Down pipe and custom all the way to a nice muffler. It'll be loud but throaty, not ricey

The stock catback isn't that bad, you'll gain alot of power from just a good downpipe. I plan to run my GHL downpipe with the stock catback on the street for awhile and run a "special" exhaust at the track.

Back